Library
I want to put a movie in my library! But if i scan it with imdb, it doen't find it and renames it with some stupid name... If i doen't scan it, i cannot put it in library, or can i?
So the question would be: can i put a movie in my library without scanning itHuh Or can ichange the name after scanning it?
Thanks guys
What version of XBMC?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=233507&postcount=1
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
It is launcher 2.3! Iinstalled xbmc 2 weeks ago, so it is the last version!
I know the link you posted, and i know i can edit the title of the movie! That is one way icould solve my pb! But i wondered if i could put a movie in the library without scanning it with imdb(or other)!
Example: if i scan my movie called "southside" with imdb, it is renamed to "surlan tot" and i get thumbs for thiswrong movie! Do i have to rename it afterwards or can i skip the scanning?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Import_-_Exp..._nfo_Files
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
So i can import only one single file?
Thank you! Will try
Just create a nfo file with an url pointing at the correct online URL along with your video and scan as you did before, the nfo will override the match and scraped online data.
Tried...but didn't work...I called the nfo file VIDEO_TS.nfo, and placed it in the same folder than the VIDEO_TS file from the movie...
used scan media, but still no change:-(
But i have to say that i did't use the import feature...I tried, but it seems that I cannot look for the file on my N.A.S (at least, i didn't find the folder)...
So I went straight to the file in xbmc and used the scan content...
Why don't you just name your folders and files properly and then scan it like everyone else?
:-) That's not the problem...It is a movie I did myself on Imovie witch isn't in ImDB (of course)...So when I scan it, ImDB finds any stupid name for that movie and puts it in the library with that name...But I want it to be in the Library with the name "Southside 2007"...
How do you want to name my folder and file otherwise than Southside 2007 (for the folder) and VIDEO_TS.* for the filesHuh
If you use Media Companion you can scan that folder and then edit the .nfo file to say what you want. Then it would be stored with the movie and any scans later on down the road would use that .nfo instead of searching on IMDB again for that movie.
smcnally75 Wrote:If you use Media Companion you can scan that folder and then edit the .nfo file to say what you want. Then it would be stored with the movie and any scans later on down the road would use that .nfo instead of searching on IMDB again for that movie.

+1 Media Companion is great. My only complaint is how it scales. I use a 42' plasma as my primary display and the buttons are often off the screen forcing me to change my resolution to get it to work. I bet it will get fixed in a future release though. Otherwise functionality is there and it's fast.
If the movie already exists in your library (correctly or incorrectly scraped), you need to refresh the entry for XBMC to pick up the nfo files.
You do this via the media information screen.
Thanks guys, but...
Media companionHuh? Never heard of! What is it?
And where should i put the nfo file in my example above? In the video_ts folder?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library0