[MOD] PMIII (Project Mayhem III skin) Movie and Music Fanart Mod - (Like PM3.HD)
sho Wrote:Btw noticed a couple of issues playing with it on Win32.

Fanart View, the name of the view does not appear for me.
Moving mouse over the right side does not bring up the dialog (like in PM3.HD).
Only keyboard will bring it up.

The left side text area is considerably bigger than the allowed text length, this obscuring more of the Fanart than necessary.

I missed adding the language file when I built the last revision.

The pane issues on the left and right are a matter of adjusting the end points for the panes in the Video/MusicNAV.xml's. I'll make the adjustments on them and change out the download file once I get to the office.
paul Wrote:Nice work primusza1 although my projectmayhem 3 skin allready showed fanart, i thought i would try your mod and i think it look's better.

Think I could get a copy of it?Big Grin
You could think I am no older than my kids... I ofc switched left and right in my post above Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
it came with the last t3ch build dated 25th jan but like i said it works differently to the way you have done it.
your version looks cleaner to me.
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
I've added the mod to the XBMC-Favorites repo. Great stuff!

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
paul Wrote:it came with the last t3ch build dated 25th jan but like i said it works differently to the way you have done it.
your version looks cleaner to me.
This build I have on my Xbox only has Fanart for TV Shows, which has been there from the introduction of Fanart.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
sho Wrote:You could think I am no older than my kids... I ofc switched left and right in my post above Smile

I fixed the file so it does what you asked except for the right pane issue. "text area is considerably bigger than the allowed text length" I checked the length next to PM3HD (in 720P) and they seem to be dead on. I was going to move it in but when the skin is switched to PAL 4:3 or even NTSC 16:9 the text lines eat up that space real fast. It does that in PM3HD too. I not sure but that might be why it was made that way. Jezz_XHuh

Anyway I did adjust the fanart background so that more does show in all views. (in 720 or 1080 about 95% of background in viewed in space) I started working on an adjusted VideoNav.xml for the 4:3's so that more of the fanart will show, but there is only so much screen.
PrimusZa1 Wrote:I fixed the file so it does what you asked except for the right pane issue. "text area is considerably bigger than the allowed text length" I checked the length next to PM3HD (in 720P) and they seem to be dead on. I was going to move it in but when the skin is switched to PAL 4:3 or even NTSC 16:9 the text lines eat up that space real fast. It does that in PM3HD too. I not sure but that might be why it was made that way. Jezz_XHuh
I noticed earlier tonight when I tried it on my Xbox in 4:3.
(and comparing it to PM3.HD on 16:9).

It seems to allow for a scrollbar, which does not appear in every view. Not sure though what the criteria is for it in the original.
im getting a error when selecting this skin. it tells me i need 2.0 or higher (don't remember exact error. It is greayed out as well and I can not select it. I have the latest 1/25/09 version form t3ch. any ideas?
jarod71 Wrote:im getting a error when selecting this skin. it tells me i need 2.0 or higher (don't remember exact error. It is greayed out as well and I can not select it. I have the latest 1/25/09 version form t3ch. any ideas?

I just checked it out with the same T3ch and downloaded the skin copy in the link. It loaded up fine.

One note though. when you unrar the downloaded skin, the file structure will be: folder Project_Mayhem_III_Fanart and in that folder will be a folder called Project Mayhem III Fanart. FTP the second folder ie. "Project Mayhem III Fanart" to the skins directory.

I will look into fixing this in the next release. Hope that helped
PrimusZa1 Wrote:I just checked it out with the same T3ch and downloaded the skin copy in the link. It loaded up fine.

One note though. when you unrar the downloaded skin, the file structure will be: folder Project_Mayhem_III_Fanart and in that folder will be a folder called Project Mayhem III Fanart. FTP the second folder ie. "Project Mayhem III Fanart" to the skins directory.

I will look into fixing this in the next release. Hope that helped

I didn't look for that. that is most likely the problem. I will test tonight. thanks for quick response and thanks for ur hard work. I checked out pm3.hd and I just don't find it as satisfying as PMIII. not sure why. I am waiting for aeon stark but I always return to PMIII no mater how many skins I try.
Just downloaded your mod today and have had a quick play and i like it alot. I am using it on my xbox and i havn't had any problems so far.

I did notice that there was a clear box above where the movie poster/dvd cover is displayed. I havn't checked my settings to make sure i'm in widescreen so maybe thats why its displaying up thereHuh

Anyways just posting a thankyou for a great mod to an already great skin.Cool

Paybac

P.S. maybe you could edit your first post and put the link to your download on there. Would make it a little easier to find
Paybac Wrote:Just downloaded your mod today and have had a quick play and i like it alot. I am using it on my xbox and i havn't had any problems so far.

I did notice that there was a clear box above where the movie poster/dvd cover is displayed. I havn't checked my settings to make sure i'm in widescreen so maybe thats why its displaying up thereHuh

Anyways just posting a thankyou for a great mod to an already great skin.Cool

Paybac

P.S. maybe you could edit your first post and put the link to your download on there. Would make it a little easier to find

If your using the lastest T3ch (2-18-09) then thats the problem. That problem was fixed by the Dev's after that build was compiled. It doesn't have that issue in the 1-25-09 build.

Sho was nice enough to move the download link and support questions into it's own thread. Here it is:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=44654
Moved again Wink
Hopefully any further discussion on the mod will be confined to this thread.

I can verify that this has been fixed in the latest builds.
plankton88 Wrote:I like this skin mod, but I wish there was a way to put the llist of movies on the bottom so that the fanart spread better across the whole screen from left to right. Kinda of like this:

or this:

anyway to incorporate this into pmIII

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] PMIII (Project Mayhem III skin) Movie and Music Fanart Mod - (Like PM3.HD)1