Picture browsing questions
Hi,

Quick questions about pictures. Is it possible to have the menu button on the remote move back up a directory (like it does in TV Shows) rather than going back to the main menu. Currently if you enable "Hide Parent Folder Items" in XBMC, the pictures section becomes useless - as soon as you enter a folder you have to use the context menu "Go to Root" option to go back, and this takes you to your sources. There is no way to go back a single folder.

This is also a problem if you have a folder with more than a couple of hundred pictures in. You have to navigate to the ".." item to get back out of the folder - this can take time.

Finally - is it possible to set it so that when you click Pictures from the home screen, it takes you directly to a source, rather than displaying the list of sources?

Cheers,
SpannerBracket
The 'Back' button works for me - are you using the latest build?

As for making it the default when you click Pictures just bring up the context menu on the main folder and select 'Make Default'
Im on MediaStream v1.00 (22/01/09) with XBMC 8.10 bf1:Atlantis.

Thanks for the tip on making a source default - that worked fine.

I still can't get the menu button to do anything other than return to the home screen. If I click pictures again from the home screen, it takes me straight back to where I was when I first pressed menu.

Are there any settings you had to change to get the back behaviour?

Cheers,
SpannerBracket
Just thought - I should mention I'm using an Apple TV. The 'menu' button on the remote acts as a back button in TV Shows, but always returns to the home screen when used in Pictures. I haven't changed the default mapping that comes with XBMC 8.10 bf1.

Anyone else running on an Apple TV that could check to see what behaviour they get?

Cheers,
SpannerBracket
According to Keymap.xml there is no ParentDir or "back" in Global Apple Remote
You can play with the keymap and modify it to your liking as is outlined here.
The limiting factor will ofc always the few buttons on the Apple remote.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture browsing questions0