DVD Front Covers Database For Movie Info Plus And Media Companion
Give everyone who is interested in my idea ive just uploaded over 100 DVD covers and im going to start making the website some time this week. With interest from fekker to integrate this into MIP im asking people with dvd covers to please send them to me with the file name replaced with the IMDB number. thanks in advance.
If its another added bonus to MIP I'd say go for it big time. Wink
Just noticed this thread, I think it's a great idea.

While its true that you can usually find DVD Covers from the other sources, it is unlikely that you will get a cover on initial scrape.
The best quality sites are IMPA and TMDb but IMPA is posters only and TMDb tends not to have DVD Covers for movies. Even if people were to upload them there is no way to differentiate as to whats a poster and whats a DVD cover.

@AaronG85
Maybe before you go to all the trouble of doing this it would be a good idea to contact TMDb and ask if they would incorporate into their DB a seperate tag for covers.

Either way, once you get this up and running with a reasonable ammount of Covers then let me know and i'll add support to Media Companion.
Ive contacted theMD and have heard nothing back as yet.
check out this site
http://getvideoartwork.com/index.php?act..._itemId=27

all are high quality itunes style cover.
Your right about them being HQ but there posters not front dvd covers.
the only difference is just the dvdlogo. why so picky.
I think there should be categories; poster, dvdcover, bluraycover etc.
Your rips usually originates from a DVD or Blu-ray (or theater if it's a CAM Wink)
Poster should only be falled back upon if there is not a matching cover
ultrabrutal Wrote:I think there should be categories; poster, dvdcover, bluraycover etc.
Your rips usually originates from a DVD or Blu-ray (or theater if it's a CAM Wink)

This all comes down to personal preference. I prefer posters because they usually have much nicer artwork and, IMO, it gives more of a movie theater feel. I personally don't like seeing the "DVD" or "BluRay" logo on every thumb.
Aaron, where will you be hosting this from and are you preparing for the bandwidth requirements this will demand?
mkv1080p Wrote:check out this site
http://getvideoartwork.com/index.php?act..._itemId=27

all are high quality itunes style cover.

Very nice! Thanks for the link, this is excellent.
ultrabrutal Wrote:I think there should be categories; poster, dvdcover, bluraycover etc.

I agree. I have a mix of standard DVDs, Blu Rays, HD DVDs, so I like to have the DVD cover that goes with the movie type. I currently use myMovies as it allows me to choose several different covers, including Blu Ray and HD DVD
smcnally75 Wrote:This all comes down to personal preference....I personally don't like seeing the "DVD" or "BluRay" logo on every thumb.

Definitely personal preference, but those logos can be clones (or cut) out. I have modded all my movie cover images to only have the title on it, which is sometimes enlarged for readability. All that text they put on posters etc is really ugly. Some covers take a lot of work, but others are very easy - and I'm no P/Shop / photo-editor expert.

Again, all personal preference. I like mine clean.

ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
Support for these is coming with the next revision to Movie Info Plus (slated for 2 weeks to work out some scraper items with music sites)
I for one think this sounds like an excellent idea, AaronG85. Diversity and having a broad spectrum to select from is what makes XBMC my choice of media center. Smile More power to it...

Hopefully the devs at TMDb could enhance their content to include "posters with physical disc logos", meaning not just DVD.. but also Blu-Ray, and maybe "CAM".. just like ultrabrutal mentioned. Wink Personally I don't use them, I prefer posters as is. But again, I still think this is a very good idea...
Fiinix Design presents: Posters, for Movies, TV Shows, Games, Arcade etc.

» Latest Poster-Pack: The Silhouettes, TV Shows
» Upcoming Poster-Pack: To Be Announced

» Game & Emulator Poster, request here
» Movie/TV Genre Poster, here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD Front Covers Database For Movie Info Plus And Media Companion1