Sync'ing multiple XBMC ATV's
Hello

Due my recent satisfaction with my original ATV and XBMC, I purchased a second ATV. I would like to keep the two in sync, has anyone successfully completed this task?

First task and not related specifically to sync'ing would be to get "update library" to run automatically. I add files to my collection folders from my Windows PC but then need to update from the ATV XBMC consoles, with two ATV's I need to do this twice. Is there a way to schedule this?

Next I want to start ensuring complete commonality between the two systmes. I was thinking of using remote SSH commands from my Windows Home Server (where I store my media), using the Windows "at" scheduler and PuTTY SSH.

Initially I would looking at getting the basics: what files would I need to copy to get profile, appearance settings etc sync'd?

Then I would like to get more advanced: what files to ensure "watched", thumbnails, fanart etc are sync'd.

Thanks for any help.
I would use 'rsync' through 'ssh' from a ATV to another sheduled with 'launchd' ( http://developer.apple.com/MacOsX/launchd.html ), if i wanted to do that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sync'ing multiple XBMC ATV's0