newbie help (i guess)
I have ran into a lot of dead ends on trying to find support on scripts. I'm trying to download a full install of ResumeX...I have had little success since scripts site is down. I have fumbled around on other sites and got what I think is pieces of the install. however they all mention of a build.bat that doesn't exist. As well as a Lib file or folder that I cant find either.

This plugin is the key to making my xbox a perfect solution for a car audio installation. So I'm trying like mad to get this working, I have been using xbmc as a media center in home for years, but I have never touched any scripts. The Repo script installer doesn't list resumeX. So could someone throw me a bone on where to get it and EXACTLY how to install. Even the video in the sticky posts up top of this forum is a dead link. Dead END!!!
Copy the whole resumex folder into xbmc/scripts and run from scripts menu.

Read the txt file on the link below for full instructions.

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-scripting/...Readme.txt

The link to Resumex in a rar file is here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9L1SG0JE

Cheers, vin.
Thanks for the reply, However your Readme link doesnt work.

per instructions that are in the rar

Quote:Install:

Run build.bat

Copy the ResumeX folder from in the build foler to your xbmc/scripts folder.

Run ResumeX from scripts menu in Xbmc to set up autostart script.

Note:
If you already have an autoexec.py file in your xbmc/scripts folder
then please edit this to add in the new line for my script,
otherwise this script will replace this file.

however there is no "build.bat" and the autoexec.py file doesnt exist in my scripts folder. All seems to activate, I get the confirmation of "enable resumeX" and "enable window resume" but when I start some music or a video and shut down xbmc, either by power button or by powering down xbmc, nothing ever resumes on boot. Still need some help....
anyone??
Hi,

I wrote this script!
I started making a much improved re-write but run in2 a problem.
I asked for solutions on these forums but no one helped.

Basically, i need a script to run and another script to be able to stop it.

I tried different methods (having a file that was created, then checking if this file was present and hence the script was running) , then i would delete this file and then the script would stop.
XBMC would always crash doing this :-(

If this was fixed, i could easily make a new ResumeX and a new XinBox..
Heres the link to the post i started on the issue i was having!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=41949

if that can be solved, then no problems!
The new ResumeX was pretty impressive 2!
glad to hear this...I had tried to contact you previously via a private message, but you never responded Sad .... But I will keep a eye on the other post. I so want this to work,

could u tell me what version of xbmc worked with your previous builds (so I can play with older ones.)

to be honest, for my xbox(s) the older builds ran much smoother, since the atlantis version,,,,any skin runnin 1080 seems sluggish. I even get a "hourglass" when trying to browse files on the local HDD.... even if it was just a stock drive (20 gig) so that bothers me. Oo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
newbie help (i guess)0