• 4(current)
[RELEASE] ESPN (Video) Plugin - Watch Sports Videos and Highlights
lephio Wrote:just find an easy answer. espn "seems" crappy.. cause has few rss feeds around. but if you search any video, you can create the rss feed of your search on the fly (i don't know if you use this method on your addon).

by the way, my goal now is to play the video with mplayer.. how can i do that?

You're kind of going off topic...why not just play the videos in XBMC? PM sent.
Hey Stacked.

I'm currently running Dharma 10.1 and I tried to find your plugin under video plugins in the offcial repo, but no luck. Where can I find the plugin for Dharma?

Thanks in advance.

Jannik
jannik1979 Wrote:Hey Stacked.

I'm currently running Dharma 10.1 and I tried to find your plugin under video plugins in the offcial repo, but no luck. Where can I find the plugin for Dharma?

Thanks in advance.

Jannik

The addon uses dependencies made for 11.0 "Eden". So this addon is only available on the XBMC repo for Eden. Download Eden Beta 3
ok thank you
I have a quick concern this should be easy, I would appreciate any help.

I would prefer the espn plugin to stream 480p quality instead of 720p30 and I've been trying to figure it out but I'm not that great infact not great at all...but

In the file default.py Line 192 I noticed this line of code:

playpath = "mp4:" + url + "_720p30_2896k.mp4"

I figure all I gotta do is change that 720p30 2896 part to the appropriate 480p part, but I dont know those exact specifications.

Any Help would be lovely...thankyou

(2012-05-15, 04:12)jackizle Wrote: I have a quick concern this should be easy, I would appreciate any help.

I would prefer the espn plugin to stream 480p quality instead of 720p30 and I've been trying to figure it out but I'm not that great infact not great at all...but

In the file default.py Line 192 I noticed this line of code:

playpath = "mp4:" + url + "_720p30_2896k.mp4"

I figure all I gotta do is change that 720p30 2896 part to the appropriate 480p part, but I dont know those exact specifications.

Any Help would be lovely...thankyou

You can change "_720p30_2896k.mp4" to the following below. Can I ask why you want a lower quality?

".mp4"
"_272p30_448k.mp4"
"_324p30_948k.mp4"
"_360p30_1464k.mp4"
"_432p30_2096k.mp4"

I can not speak for the user, but for me having a lower bitrate option is nice during peek hours. Sometimes my speed is hampered and a lower speed is ideal. I can also see it being useful for others with slower speed internet or even due to internet caps!

stacked,
Check your private messages. I sent you a link to a modified version of your add on which adds stream quality settings. If you like it please add it Smile

Changes made:
default.py
added 2 lines to the include section (line 20,23)
removed original stream statement(192)
Starting at line 192 I added a few if statements which points to the settings file for selecting bitrate
settings.xml
added bitrate settings.

I would have just posted a diff file, just could not figure it out lol.

If anyone else would like to try it out send me a private message.
I'm away from home right now so I haven't checked in a long while but the last time I tried to watch a live stream on the apple tv plugin it wouldnt play... It would either buffer then stop and not play or buffer and turn on for a few seconds and drop the stream. Either way it doesn't work... Any ideas? This just started recently, I love this plugin so it would be greatly appreciated if someone could help me out, my xbmc is on apple tv if that matters and I'm in the US...

Thanks in advance!
@stacked Thankyou Very Much and the reason I want lower quality is due to my slow internet speed. I think 480p will do me justice. 720 buffers too much.
There seems to be another issue though. When using the espn video plugin on ubuntu, it seems the video will not stream and buffer at the same time. So it buffers until 100% than it will stream until it reaches what was previously buffered, than it buffers again followed by streaming and the loop continues. I'm not sure if it is a addon problem or something else. I'm running the latest ubuntu version 12.04.

@mrdally204 I would like to try that modified verision

Here is a link to the modified add on that enables bitrate selection in the settings. You can just replace the original default.py and settings.xml with the ones in the zip or just install this zip after removing the original. Let me know how it works out Smile
(2012-01-20, 00:01)plendil Wrote: hi all

i am a very new newbie .
can anyone help i got the espn add on it works fine but its all american .i live in uk. so do i need to change a setting somewhere.
thank yoi

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. Both "ESPN Go" and "ESPN Video" are now not working for me either here in the UK. Sounds like this may be a common issue now? Seems like this just started for me about two weeks ago or so.

Any help would be appreciated.

- Daniel
Does not work here in Germany either. To clarify: I can start the add-on and I see every news entry, but when I select one then it says "Sorry. This video is unavailable. (500)". For about 2-3 weeks now. Does anybody have a solution?

Thanks

Flo
(2012-06-08, 15:59)floflyer Wrote: Does not work here in Germany either. To clarify: I can start the add-on and I see every news entry, but when I select one then it says "Sorry. This video is unavailable. (500)". For about 2-3 weeks now. Does anybody have a solution?

Thanks

Flo

Same "Sorry, this video is unavailable. (500)" issue here in Mexico. It used to work fine. One thing I noticed though, is that the video thumbnail preview on the right now seems like very low quality, and this wasn't the case before. I was wondering if all this mess was due to the recent 5.0.1 update on my Apple TV; I really don't know if this issue is presenting in other platforms.

I hope you guys can fix this soon
Cheers!
I use the Windows version. Maybe it has something to do with the filenames and/or the quality. I will later install the modified version and select a lower quality. Maybe it works then.

Florian
I tried the modified version with all the quality settings, none worked. Would be nice if anybody had a solution.

Florian
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] ESPN (Video) Plugin - Watch Sports Videos and Highlights1