Recursive folder scan not working in r17515
I just upgraded to r17515 and it seems like a recursive scan of a video-source doesn't work anymore.
I tried with a new profile (rm -r ~/.XBMC), and added a folder that contains videos, every video in its own sub-folder. I set the content to movies -> scraper TMDB. Tried every combination of "use folder names for lookups", "scan recursively" and so on. Nothing works.

xbmc log: http://pastebin.com/me160d00

If i manually enter the directory in xbmc and do a "set content" on a folder inside that directory (this folder contains one movie) and set it to movies, the lookup is fine. But I really don't want to do that for all movies individually....

Any ideas?

Edit: I'm back at r17372 and everything works as expected in that revision...
yeah I confirm that. I though I was doing something wrong... (btw I was trying with tv shows scrappers)

but it works if you connect through a SMB share, but directly accessing the files doesn't...

update: i'm using svn 17503
update2: using gentoo 2008.0 with ebuild from http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=198849
I have noticed that as well. How can I backtrack to an older svn release?
I'm having similar problems with 17537. I was able to get new TV shows scanning again by removing the entire series and rescanning them in, but for movies no matter what I do, I cannot get recursive scanning working. I can set content on each individual file/folder though and it will scan in, but that is tedious.
sho Wrote:All the same problem?

That sounds exactly like what I am experiencing.
Same problem here :/
Problem is already spotted and will be fixed soonish by jmarshall Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
r17550 might do the trick.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Yep, 17558 is working just fine for me.
It's working for me for movies, too.

But it isn't working for TV shows. It didn't detect new episodes, so I did:
- TV Show information
- Refresh
- Refresh for all episodes

And now the TV show has 0 episodes in the library instead of 8.

Any ideas? Sad
Make sure you're running the revision that I indicated.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recursive folder scan not working in r175150