Dynamic resolution support
May be worded wrong, but now that xbmc supports all computer resolutions.

how about resolution folders such as 1024x768.

what info does xbmc need to properly scale these to other resolutions?

could these fields be put in skin.xml or another file?

i'm designing my skin for a touchscreen monitor which is 1024x768 native. i don't want to design at 720p, since that's widescreen. I can do ntsc, but am wondering what detail do i lose by designing at a lower resolution.

i know xbmc does a good job upscaling, but if these resolutions could be supported by means of another file with the pertinent info, that would be great.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
You lose a little bit of pixel alignment doing it at NTSC or PAL (preferred, higher pixel count), but to be honest it's very little.

I doubt we'll bother with support for other resolutions, as for the most part, XBMC skins are designed for widescreen displays nowadays, where 720p and 1080i/p suffice.

With that said, it'd just be a matter of defining the resolution in the RESOLUTION struct (eg just replace the specs for 720p with what you want to use) and you're done.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

actually there could be a market for vertical skins also.

i doubt many people who have arcades or jukeboxes would use xbmc. but there could be a market for it. it is better for jukeboxes than some of the other software i've seen and i am getting most of the functionality of other arcade front ends just by skinning.

i'm working on something else right now, but could this work by reading in those values from a file. that way you wouldn't have to support all the possible resolutions?

this could be useful for vertical skins also.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
It could be read from a file, yes, but you'd need a RESOLUTION struct completed with all details in the graphicscontext for the scaling to work. You could add a custom one there I guess.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dynamic resolution support1