Severe flickering in full screen mode
I am having the same issue Flook described with my HD 4350, only using HDMI out, fullscreen running win 7 64.

I just downloaded the most recent build from xbmc.org (9.04.1)

The only fix I saw was adding the klite codec.... but I'm fairly sure all of XBMC are integrated into the program, so that doesn't make sense... Eek

Anyone else find a good way to fix this?
Make sure that adjust refresh rate is off if your LCD doesn't support the framerates that movies are playing at.

And perhaps update to the latest ATI drivers (probably already did that).
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
I can report that i have that problem aswell.

I think it has todo with if xbmc is forced completely topmost or not. Normally we don't do that. I think there is some advancedsetting to force that. Don't remember what it's called thou.

Someboy with more interest in windows version should check it out.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

that was not it.. it seems to be a windows 7 bug with many drivers
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

It's so odd how this can happen on 7 and not on vista.

Take for instance CCC drivers from ATI. When you download the catalyst sweet, you have your choice between Vista x64 and 7 x64. But, when you look at the file name of the downloaded driver, it looks like the SAME driver is used.

I didn't think differences between 7 and Vista were that different in terms of displays :o
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
Hello im using xbmc with an ATi 4890 and the latest drivers for windows 7 Catalyst 9.9

What i noticed is tha the rendering performance is very poor when playing video not matter what codec is used for the video comparing to vlc and zoom player performance.

The problem is visible when there are very fast scenes ,then the screen is flickering like the old TFT (16 ms response time etc...) use to do.

I tried using advanced shaders : No luck

Basic shaders : No luck

Software : No luck

Auto : No luck ( )

If i play the movie ( no matter what movie just a movie with fast scenes ) with Vlc it runs very smoothly same goes for Zoom player (with coreavc codec)

In zoom player im using EVR renderer (i found that this was the smoother by far)

That is my first and biggest problem second is the subtitles is there any way to setup xbmc to display the subtitles as smooth as DirectVobSub do ?

Please help me

Thank you very much

Edit: forgot to say that im using the latest built from svn but the problem was there even in the stable release.

Edit: i also tried ATi hack didnt work either .......
Samething here, I upgraded to win7 ultimate and the flickering started happens a lot, I´ve been troubleshooting it for the last couple days, and per some foruns suggestions, I already tried all CCC since 8.9 till some beta versions for 9.10RC6 and 9.11. Still no luck.

For the nvidia users, I saw some posts that the latest drivers is already working fine with win 7/opengl and the flickering is not happening anymore.

Unfortunatelly, for ATI I didn´t find any way to tune the opengl as they did as workaround for the old nvidia drivers.

Does anybody has any other suggestion??

Thanks, TS

Edit : ATI released the CCC 9.10 couple hours ago, it not fixed the problem. and It just go worst. Til yesterday, it was running fine in the windows vista ultimate. So, I rolled back to it, and guess whatHuh? now the problem is happening in the windows vista too. It was running fine in my HTPC since last January.
Big Grin 
Maybe you need to try a full uninstall and reinstall of the previous driver set

Big Grin

Let hope ATi going to fix this one fast
This is a temporary solution until ATi manage to fix it the right way

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1401409

Mixing the latest CCC with the opengl driver of the 8.9 or 9.3 CCC
Good luck it works smooth without flickering NodNod

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Sad 
zzecool Wrote:This is a temporary solution until ATi manage to fix it the right way

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1401409

Mixing the latest CCC with the opengl driver of the 8.9 or 9.3 CCC
Good luck it works smooth without flickering NodNod

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Actually it doesnt remove the problem only reduce it Sad
For those who own a Asrock Ion 330 who has this flickering problem under Win 7 64bit. I fixed the flickering issue by downloading the latest graphic driver from
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvis..._whql.html
zzecool Wrote:Maybe you need to try a full uninstall and reinstall of the previous driver set

Big Grin

Let hope ATi going to fix this one fast

Hey zzecool, thanks for the suggestion, but I did that at least 4 times, with a brand new installation. Thanks, TS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Severe flickering in full screen mode0