XBMC crashes immediately after start-up
Should be fixed as of r17573.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Question 
I also found when disconnecting the network connection on my apple tv, the crashes are gone!
after successful startup (no internet connection) I connected ethernet again and set all cities in the weather setup back to new york.
now xbmc is running smoothly again?
Exactly this same thing is happening to me, what a pain in the arse. It was working fine right up to tonight and now crashes immediately as soon as it opens. Problem is mine is set to auto load to xbmc so now I am watching it opening and crashing and opening and crashing and opening and crashing over and over again.
Just happended to me as well...

I ended up commenting out the weather area codes to get it to work Tongue

Shane
Ok, I can also confirm that editing out the weather locations from guisettings.xml seems to have fixed the issue for me.
Thumbs Up 
I know this is a slightly dated thread, but just to throw it out there I was having the 'insta-crash' on load on the latest Windows Camelot build, and disabling my internet connection, then clearing out the weather settings, then re-enabling my internet fixed the problem for me.

Thanks thread.

Edit: P.S. Yes I know this is an Apple/Mac thread, but I found this thread thanks to my Google-Fu. It fixed my problem, so I thought I'd share.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crashes immediately after start-up0