Frame Creation "Challenge"
This was already covered by Rocky.

paul Wrote:That's true but failed to mention he has to select that as a sub skin under the appearance panel
then it will use whatever files are in there instaed of the default ones.

Rocky5 Wrote:No you just change it to New Frames in the settings menu.

Rocky5 Wrote:press up then goto Screen then its under appearance.
Kind of a silly idea, but here's a preview for kicks. Just FYI this probably won't work if you just threw the frame in there since one frame might be used for multiple things. It's possible to do something like this I imagine though.

Blueray Style
DVD Style
Note: This isn't my work I only cropped, fitted, and modded it to work with xbmc. Basically it's just a "port" but if there is any use for an idea like this I know the author and would be glad to ask for permission.
strangedaze39 Wrote:@Rocky, you mentioned you didn't make them big enough for the watched/unwatched icon because they wouldn't look right in all views. What views are you talking about? So I know which ones to look at while testing

OK this texture (videos_bigframe2) is used in nearly all menus with the poster view.

posterwallframe2 i haven't seen where this is used yet though i may have missed it.

also here is what the frames will look like if there black.
Image Image
I'm liking the black look. It draws less attention away from the posters.

Also Rocky5, noticed with some of my Movie / TV posters and your frames, I'm seeing a small gap between the top of the poster and the frame. Anyone else getting this?

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
The black is little dark, but I kind of like that. I'd have to try it out on my TV.

Here's a screenshot of the DVD style sleeve in XBMC, still need to slightly bump it down and it'll work perfect.

What ya think?
Rocky5 any chance of you doing the videos_bigframe3.png frame for new frames gloss as i do like these frames
but i am stuck with the horrible default one at the moment i did try to modify one for the job but just made a complete mess of it
thanks
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Rocky5 Wrote:OK this texture (videos_bigframe2) is used in nearly all menus with the poster view.

posterwallframe2 i haven't seen where this is used yet though i may have missed it.

Image Image

Love the black frames. Looking forward to this one.
i still like the old frame the most,
its better than stark and verything else and it's the reason
why i didnt upgrade to Horizon IV

@neurosis13: If you want you can easily transfer those frames over to IV. I think rocky might have even posted an xpr for it.
strangedaze39 Wrote:@neurosis13: If you want you can easily transfer those frames over to IV. I think rocky might have even posted an xpr for it.

Here you go neurosis13

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=277...stcount=14

I use the old frames with new version. Download them at that link.
those dark frames are really sexy
neurosis13 Wrote:i still like the old frame the most,
its better than stark and verything else and it's the reason
why i didnt upgrade to Horizon IV

Something must be wrong with me as the old frames are the only reason I never used Horizons.
The Dark frames look sweeeet. Get them posted Rocky Wink
Rocky5 Wrote:OK this texture (videos_bigframe2) is used in nearly all menus with the poster view.

Plz release the black ones. They look really beautiful Big Grin
I am re-doing them all lol fixing all the inconsistencies and gaps so it may be tomorrow there released as i am going to a my m8s gig tonight.

ok here is the new version it removes all gaps in the frames also here is what it would look like if i added some sort of outlet for the watched / not watched as you can see the frame is used in more than just movies and tv shows so it look off and i personally don't like it so i wont be adding it in sorry..

New Frame.

New Frame with outlet.
ImageImageImage

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frame Creation "Challenge"0