More skinning help please
I'm trying to add the title and plot to my modded MedaiStream List View and everything's gone great except when I change views they don't disappear.

What have I done wrong or forgotten?

Also how can I disable the NowPlayingInfo for List View only?

Thanks.
You need to make sure the info is only displayed when the list view is active, add a visibility check that the list container is visible, ie control.isvisible(50)
That's got it, thanks. Big Grin

Another problem though. Rolleyes

When I go back to the home menu everything but the Title and Plot disappears showing just the background image before the home screen loads. I tried getting a screenshot but couldn't so I've made a mock up of what it looks like.

Again, any help is appreciated.

EDIT: As for hiding the MusicNowPlaying I now want to just hide the Title and Plot when it's displayed but can't work out what condition it is when displayed. Am I right in thinking it should be something like this though?

PHP Code:
<visible>Control.Isvisible(50) + !NowPlayingMusicInfo</visible

EDIT: Also tried this but it didn't work.

PHP Code:
<visible>Control.Isvisible(50) + !Window.IsActive(NowPlayingMusic)</visible
Hitcher Wrote:That's got it, thanks. Big Grin

Another problem though. Rolleyes

When I go back to the home menu everything but the Title and Plot disappears showing just the background image before the home screen loads. I tried getting a screenshot but couldn't so I've made a mock up of what it looks like.

Again, any help is appreciated.

EDIT: As for hiding the MusicNowPlaying I now want to just hide the Title and Plot when it's displayed but can't work out what condition it is when displayed. Am I right in thinking it should be something like this though?

PHP Code:
<visible>Control.Isvisible(50) + !NowPlayingMusicInfo</visible

EDIT: Also tried this but it didn't work.

PHP Code:
<visible>Control.Isvisible(50) + !Window.IsActive(NowPlayingMusic)</visible

Hi,

In first part of your problem:
you must have set the conditional visibility wrong.

second part of your problem:
!NowPlayingMusicInfo and !Window.IsActive(NowPlayingMusic) are not conditionals

look here for the list of boolean conditionals (Appendix II):
skinning manual
Here's the ViewsCommon.xml if it helps.

ViewsCommon.xml
Hitcher Wrote:Here's the ViewsCommon.xml if it helps.

ViewsCommon.xml

Did it for you with an extra fade animation when becoming unhidden. Anyways nice mod, but you have screwed the music List view by messing up with the code. See atached file:

ViewsCommon.xml

Just because you have been so devoted to XBMC and Mediastream Big Grin
That's brilliant, thanks.

Now that's working I'm going to look at the music view.
Hitcher Wrote:That's brilliant, thanks.

Now that's working I'm going to look at the music view.

The thing is you moved the list container out of screen so you probably messed up the view for most of content. I have a suggestion. Keep the Mediastream original list and create new view just for movies and tvshows, name it "fanart list" or whatever. That however will require a bit of work as few xmls would need editing.

Dont worry it gets intuitive after some time. Grab an xml editor, speeds up the work, I would recomend Altova XML editor and assign refresh skin function to a key in keymap.xml. That way you dont need to go to home everytime u do the changes, just press a key.
minimalko Wrote:The thing is you moved the list container out of screen so you probably messed up the view for most of content. I have a suggestion. Keep the Mediastream original list and create new view just for movies and tvshows, name it "fanart list" or whatever. That however will require a bit of work as few xmls would need editing.

Dont worry it gets intuitive after some time. Grab an xml editor, speeds up the work, I would recomend Altova XML editor and assign refresh skin function to a key in keymap.xml. That way you dont need to go to home everytime u do the changes, just press a key.

Good idea.

By the way, feel free to use this in your MediaStreamMod if you like.
Last time I ask for help with this.

Right I've put my mod inside it's own group using this visible condition -

PHP Code:
<visible>Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(episodes)</visible

and it works but I'm having trouble working out what condition to use for the original List View.

I've tried these two conditions (which I thought sounded right) but neither will display the original list properly when not in Movies, TV Shows or Episodes.

PHP Code:
<visible>!Container.Content(movies) + !Container.Content(tvshows) + !Container.Content(episodes)</visible

PHP Code:
<visible>!Container.Content(movies) | !Container.Content(tvshows) | !Container.Content(episodes)</visible

ViewsCommon.xml
Hitcher Wrote:Last time I ask for help with this.

Right I've put my mod inside it's own group using this visible condition -

PHP Code:
<visible>Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(episodes)</visible

and it works but I'm having trouble working out what condition to use for the original List View.

I've tried these two conditions (which I thought sounded right) but neither will display the original list properly when not in Movies, TV Shows or Episodes.

PHP Code:
<visible>!Container.Content(movies) + !Container.Content(tvshows) + !Container.Content(episodes)</visible

PHP Code:
<visible>!Container.Content(movies) | !Container.Content(tvshows) | !Container.Content(episodes)</visible

ViewsCommon.xml

Man,

you wish it was so easy. The whole Info view was pretty screwed up. Fix would be hardly possible to explain in forums.

I rather changed the XMLs for you (MyVideo.xml, MyVideoNav.xml, OptionsMenu.xml and ViewsCommon.xml). Take some time to track the changes and you might get a better view on how the Mediastream works.

Your new view is now called Hitcher. Add a thumb called Hitcher.png to your media folder to get the view thumb displayed. The rest should be working fine now.

These need to be replaced make a backup just in case

Best regards

EDIT: Great looking mod BTW, the only thing that bugs me is that the list is just cut out of screen. Didnt feel like fixing that as it would require coding a new container with different dims than those in Includes.xml.
Wow, thanks again for your continued help with this.

I've had a look through the changes and it does indeed help me understand the skinning process a lot more.

I know what you mean about the list being cut off but it was the easiest way for me to make more room for everything else - I'm not a fan of ratings as they're too subjective, and besides, I've got the films anyway so it's not like I'm not going to watch them based on other peoples opinions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
More skinning help please0