Changing the menu item selected at startup
Question 
Quick and stupid, I'm sure, but how can I set TV Shows to be the menu item selected at startup? I've turned off Programs, Music and Photos, and read the FAQ so I know I can't turn off Weather and suchlike, but Weather is the item selected at startup and I can see no way of changing it.

I love MediaStream otherwise, it's an amazing piece of work.

Cheers,
Badge
Big Grin 
Go to the home.xml - find the <!-- Main Menu --> section and swap the id number of weather with the TV shows section. Hope this helps!

HTPC: Windows XP SP3, Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13 GHz, 2 GB RAM, ATI Radeon 3850, 1TB + 250 GB SATA Internal HDDs, External HDDs
Remote: Microsoft MCE2 USB Receiver and Remote, IR Server Suite

Like to do the same but whn swapping numbers I get overlapping text. Any other help/ideas? ThanksmuchSmile
Go to system / appearance / look and feel / startup window.
Here you can setup your startup window.
But that doesn't change what the default section is in the home window. I'd rather movies or tv shows be highlighted instead of weather.Smile
bobrap Wrote:But that doesn't change what the default section is in the home window. I'd rather movies or tv shows be highlighted instead of weather.Smile
I second that! Would be very nice to choose default menu item on the home screen. I primarily don't run xbmc to check the weather... Wink
bobrap Wrote:Like to do the same but whn swapping numbers I get overlapping text. Any other help/ideas? ThanksmuchSmile
The menu is built in the order (top down) the items are in in the xml file. Swapping <id> numbers will not help with this. You need to move the <item> sections around into the order you want them.
Search for <focusposition>
EDIT: changing the focuspos messes up the menu, kricker is right change the order the 3rd is the focused item.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
xbs08 Wrote:Search for <focusposition>
EDIT: changing the focuspos messes up the menu, kricker is right change the order the 3rd is the focused item.
Yup changing the <focuspostion> will only lead to a screwed up looking menu. I've played with the home menu quite a bit now adding/replacing menu/submenu items.
the only file home.xml that i find is in the maythem skin, should i modify this one?

regards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing the menu item selected at startup0