Shortcut to non-existent share = things go crazy
If I enter, say, the Music files window when my default samba share isn't active, theoretically I should see an empty version of whichever view should be active. However, what actually happens is that all the objects associated with all the views show up at once. Why is this?

How do you make it so that if a window opens on a non-existent share, specific objects do or don't appear?
Not sure I get what you mean. I believe what normally happens is it drops back to the root view (i.e. will show the list of sources).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Screenshot?
You asked for it.

This is what you get when your default samba share isn't active (i.e. the server PC isn't on) as you enter the window. It's certainly not showing the root folder as you can get to that from here by pressing Back.
Shouldn't it just say 'Remote Path - Share not found or invalid' for files mode?
Looks like a bunch of vis conditions are messing up. Not sure exactly what would be going on - perhaps as there's no items it hasn't set an initial view control or something.

If you can hack up a suitable testcase so I can reproduce and post it on trac that'd be most useful.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shortcut to non-existent share = things go crazy0