Newbie - Stream Movies/TV shows.
Good day -

Ok..Stupid question perhaps. I see a lot of screen shots showing TV content and movies. I am wanting to build my media library. I am curious? What is the best way to achieve. If it is torrents, what sites are "safe" is there a particular format I need to download? Is there a way to stream and download at the same time (PVR I guess)?

Also I noticed, when using plugins, a lot of the links clicked to start Play come back with "Retreiving Items O Items" and then just disappears? Is this an issue? Or is something being done wrong?

Thanks for your help and ideas.
Not a stupid question at all most new Kodi users probably face the same question on how to build a library.

The first and most obvious is to rip your own movies to just about any format as Kodi plays any format I can throw at it.
This depends on the quality you want and extras.

Second option is to acquire your content most likely by illegal means which Kodi does not want to be affiliated with.
You can use torrents or usenet to get this content but you face legal issues and I am not aware of any "safe" services.

As far as streaming and downloading at the same time Kodi is just a media center so it does not download for you, so you can stream things on Kodi and have a different machine downloading at the same time using programs like utorrent, sabnzbd...

depending on the plugins you are using sometimes content is not available so if it is an official repo and plugin please feel free to discuss this but if this is for any illegal content like navi-x, icefils, 1chan that is not supported on this forum.
יונתן בן-חיים

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie - Stream Movies/TV shows.2