Discount Code for Southern California Linux Expo 7x
Greetings!

The Southern California Linux Expo is fast approaching and will be taking place in Los Angeles, California in just over two weeks. We have lined up many really great speakers and exhibitors, as well as many other exciting things for the weekend. If there are any XBMC Users and/or Developers who might be interested in attending the show, we have created a special XBMC7 promotional code. Using this code (XBMC7) will get you a 50% discount off a full access pass to the show.

To purchase tickets or for more information about the show, please visit our web site at http://www.socallinuxexpo.org

Thanks!
Gareth J. Greenaway
Great, paying to attend a Linux expo. I'm so there.

Hey, on the site you got a buncha discounts for stuff. Are they stackable? Say if I am a "woman in open source," a student, use SVN, use XBMC, do I get 50+50+50+50=200% discount? OK, I'm in. You can send the $70 refund to my PP account.

Why, yesyes I can be a womun in open source.. <running off to get Mommy's lipstick and eye shadow>
Nope. Not stackable, but with the XBMC7 promo code you're paying $35 for the *whole* show. That includes both days, all the tracks, the exhibitor floor, etc. There are very few events out there where you'll get that much for $35.

SCALE is also a volunteer run show and hosting a conference costs us money. Renting the venue, paying to rent furnishings, paying to rent audio / video so that people can hear the speaker during the talk and so that we can record said talks, so people can hear them afterwards too. No one that works on SCALE is a paid employee either, we're doing it because its our way of giving back to the open source community.
Understood about the costs of things. My reply was tongue-in-cheek. However, considering the grassroots nature of Linux, charging the average Joe to attend a conf is sure to severely limit your appeal. I suppose it all depends on the demographics you're shooting for. Good luck, all the same.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Discount Code for Southern California Linux Expo 7x0