Couple of problems with my remote controller (iMON)
Hi,

1) My remote, which is the iMON Pad from my Antec Fusion case doesn't allow me to create keyboard shortcuts for the volume keys and I didn't want it either cause I like to control Windows volume with the remote.

But, is it possible that XBMC volume is controlled by the Windows volume instead of it's own volume? I'm asking this because the way it is now, I don't see any OSD for the volume when I increase/decrease it with the remote cause I'm actually changing the Windows volume and not XBMC volume.

Is there anything that can be done about this?

Also, is it possible to have the volume labeled from 0% to 100%, or something like that, instead of db levels?

2) My remote (the iMON Pad) has a button that calls the Alt+F4 shortcut, which, as you all know, allows to close any window application. Well, this button ain't working with XBMC... The button press is recognized as I see it in the VFD but it doesn't close XBMC. However, if I press Alt+F4 directly in the keyboard, it works.

Why is this happening? Every other application or window, can be closed with that button... The only one, so far, I wasn't able to close is XBMC.

Any thoughts?
Can't anybody help me? And I have a new problem...

3) My remote "eject" button does not work also... I tried to map some key to XBMC.EjectTray() and than map this key on my remote to the eject button but this button can't be mapped. Either way, this button is supposed to work all over the place, but it does not work on XBMC. Any reason why?
1) Your LCD/VFD display should show the volume level when you change it.

2) Search is your friend: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=40078

3) You don't need to use xbmc's eject; iMon's built-in eject functionality works fine (at least for everyone else).
1) I know that, but I want to see it on screen, just like any other action.

2) I always use search, I only post if I can't find anything. And with the problem 'm having, the keywords I use to search could never find that thread.

Anyway, it's not working for the Atl+F4 shortcut, I only get this:
Code:
02:59:00 T:3068 M:1186037760   DEBUG: SDLKeyboard found something unknown (unicode <> printable ASCII): scancode: 56, sym: 308, unicode: 0, modifier: 4096
The next line with the CApplication::OnKey with the button ID doesn't exist... I guess that trick doesn't work for the Alt+F4 shortcut.

3) This is weird, now it's working :S

Thanks for your support so far.
Alt+F4 is the windows shortcut to forcibly close an application, but that's not the keystroke that the exit button sends. If it was, then it would work on xbmc.

The example code I put in that thread was to get my exit button working. You can probably copy&paste it to get yours working as well.
But it doesn't really matter what keystroke actually is because I can't program the "exit" button on my remote. The "exit" button on my remote, explicitly sends Alt+F4 to the active application, there's no way I can program this key to do something else. What I need is "Alt+F4" to close XBMC, that would solve it.

And another fact is that if I press "Alt+F4" directly in the keyboard, the shortcut will work, XBMC will be closed. I just don't understand why the remote button doesn't work with XBMC if it's sending "Alt+F4" just like the keyboard does, why doesn't it work?
I'm saying I'm not 100% sure that it's sending Alt+F4 (I haven't tried to capture the keystroke it sends) because that should close XBMC. When I created that post in the thread I linked to, I thought it sent Ctrl+W, but I'm fairly certain I was wrong. I didn't correct my post, because it seemed irrelevant.

Anyway, you don't need to remap the exit button. When you were trying to get the buttonID, did you press Alt+F4 on an actual keyboard, or were you pressing the exit button on your remote?

Just try creating a keymap.xml exactly like in the post I linked to. That's what I use to make the exit button work for me.
It worked, but I had to place () after the "Quit" method call, like this:

<global>
<keyboard>
<key id="61555">XBMC.Quit</key>
</keyboard>
</global>
Thank you Smile

Now, I just wish I could see the volume OSD Sad Maybe I should take this to the "features request" forum...
Wink 
Did you ever find a solution for the Volume OSD slider when using the Imon Remote?

Yes, i enjoy digging old graves and that includes old threads! Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Couple of problems with my remote controller (iMON)0