Missing a couple of shortcuts related to DVDs
Hi,

I'm missing a couple of keyboard shortcuts to map to my remote that I can't find anywhere in the online manual, keymap file, or the forums and that's why I'm asking here to see if anyone knows anything about it.

When I place a DVD into the drive, XBMC will automatically launch the video. But let's say XBMC is opened and a DVD was already inside the drive, using the default skin, I see a little "play" icon on the bottom left part of the screen to play the DVD.

1) Is there a way to make a shortcut to this just like we can have shortcuts to open "videos", "music" and "pictures"?

2) When playing DVDs, I would like to have the possibility to go directly to the DVD root menu by pressing a key on my remote. Is there a shortcut for this?

I have 2 buttons on my remote that are specific for this features but I can't seem to find a way to map keyboard shortcuts for these actions.

Is it possible at all?
1. Im sure there is but Ill let you search for it.
2. Here is a free one Smile http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...enu+remote
Thank you, but if you can help me on the other, please do... I can't find anything, I always search before posting...

I tried to look here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Window_IDs

But can't find anything related to the DVD Window, cause my guess is that I have to do "XBMC.ActivateWindow(___)", I just don't know what to put inside the ( ).
After countless searches I can't find a way to activate the DVD window... Any help is appreciated, please...
There is no dvd window. You best bet would be to dig through the video osd xml file for w/e builtin function is called when the dvdmenu button is chosen (assuming there is one). Then just map a key to call that builtin.
That would be the same thing as my question number 2, which is XBMC.PlayerControl(ShowVideoMenu) and I already have a button for that in my remote that is under the DVD section named "Menu", but under DVD section I also have a button simply named "DVD", that is to launch the DVD module.

If that isn't possible, maybe I could do a feature request...

Thank for your insight.

EDIT:
In the middle of writing my feature request I thought of what you said and realized I could find what I was looking for...

The PM3.HD skin places a little button with a "play" icon, in the left side of the "favorites" button, this is the action I'm looking for. I looked in the skin home.xml file and the shortcut for this is XBMC.PlayDVD(). Hopefully, it will do exactly what I want and do nothing if the DVD drive is empty. I can't test this now cause my dad is watching TV... But I'll report back...

EDIT 2:
XBMC.PlayDVD() worked just fine Smile If there's not DVD in the drive, nothing happens, which is good Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing a couple of shortcuts related to DVDs0