MCE remote stopped working
my remote has been working fine since I did a fresh install of 8.04 and xbmc. Then yesterday I got up and the remote is not doing anything. I can see the LED flash on the receiver but other than that there is no response. Can some one walk me through troubl shooting this? Nothing has changed on the computer other than keeping it up to date.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
update: when I run irw I get not respose.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
Try reinstalling Lirc, one other user had a similiar issue afrer receiving some updates to Ubuntu and reinstalling Lirc worked.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Alright I uninstalled lirc and reinstalled it then restarted and I am still not getting any response other than the flickering LED on the receiver.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
Try testing the receiver with mode2 as described here: http://www.lirc.org/html/install.html#testing

(My knowledge of lirc is less than a week old and confined to the homebrew receiver I made but since you're not getting any better advice I figured I'd try Smile )
I have been experiencing similar issues (assuming you are referring to the MCE RC6 remote with Philips USB external receiver.

I haven't worked out a fix yet, but can offer the following workaround.

Firstly:
a) If the remote is working and you REBOOT the system, it will continue to work
b) If you POWER OFF the system and boot up again it stops working
c) Unplugging the USB receiver and plugging it in again does nothing
d) Some times you end up with a continually flashing LED on the receiver

The only way I have found to get this working is to POWER OFF the system, unplug the receiver, plug it in again and then boot up. It should work again.

Hope that helps...
sudo mode2
No such file or directory

I did a complete shutdown, unplugged the reciever, plugged it in and restarted. I still don't get a response when I run irw.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE remote stopped working0