• 9(current)
[RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin
beatbreaker Wrote:Hey how's it going on this plugin? is there another one for youtube that works?

As far as I know, the only other thing is the Youtube 3 script:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=45422
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=36569

It works, but also hasn't seen an update in a while. Various people have posted improvements in those threads to add missing features though.
There seems to be a glitch.
I have one machine in the house (Acer REVO, running winXP) which does not play the videos and another laptop which does (Runs WinXP).

Another thing ... you tube site through Firefox browser works on both the machines, so I suppose capability is there. Also , I do watch Ted Talks on xbmc, and there is absolutely no problem there, either.

How can I check out the log to diagnose the problem

Some pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Rainbow 
seems I've got it working though maybe someone can confirm what i've done here -

I used what seemed to be an old .zip file for the svn repo installer (I don't remember the version, if someone tells me how I can check please do) - I installed the youtube plugin from that and it works fine (along with other installed packages).

BUT I then also did an SVN checkout of the new svn repo installer code in another directory, and it seems that whatever package it installs is broken, and I think that is how I came into these problems in the first place.

either way please see my previous posts in this thread for the error log files I was given before.

the only issue i face now is putting in my settings in the youtube plugin (which may also have to do with this problem, since i've put no username/pw it doesn't try to authenticate, and then can successfully play videos)
Beatbreaker, could you post your plugin zip our point me to a download URL?

MB
BSSLoK Wrote:As far as I know, the only other thing is the Youtube 3 script

Navi-X plugin has a YouTube section which seems to work well (better than most of the rest of NaviX content...) and it's one less plugin to install/update...
Hi!
How to install this plugin? Where to copy this folder YouTube ?
Is this plugin broken in LINUX? it was working but cant remember when?
HTPC SPECS:Samsung Series 850 58" PDP
[email protected] (full Screen)
XBMCLive : 10.00
HDD: 500GB WD Blue MOBO:P5n7a-VM
GPU: Geforce 9300/nforce 730i/PCI/SSE2
MEMORY: 2 GIG 1066MHZ DDR3 (single)
CPU: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz
yes it's working .
OK.. How do I get it to work for me? I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 and latest XBMC?

Running 9.11 at home wont work there either.. any light on the subject would be appreciated.
HHMMM.. Seems to work when I don't set up my user account?? any one else have this issue.. removed the user data for this plugin and it works.. Would like to get my account working too.
Ok I don't know if this will help anyone. If your password has a "!" in it the videos will not play... Guess the authors will have to look into this.
disregard that last post. I can only log in with my user account if I delete the cookies.txt after I load the plugin.. Anyone else experiencing this?
After setting up the settings.xml I set the permissions to read only and it works every time. How do I get this bug fixed?
I just got the latest build of XBMC and installed the XBMC plugin which is mentioned in this forum thread - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=33010

However when I try to run it I just get an error message 'SCRIPT FAILED!'.
Is there a way I can debug this and understand where exactly is is breaking?

P.S: I'm running XBMC on winXP professional and the default script of apple trailers is working fine.
Jazzpal Wrote:I just got the latest build of XBMC and installed the XBMC plugin which is mentioned in this forum thread - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=33010

However when I try to run it I just get an error message 'SCRIPT FAILED!'.
Is there a way I can debug this and understand where exactly is is breaking?

P.S: I'm running XBMC on winXP professional and the default script of apple trailers is working fine.

Use the SVN Repo Installer and got the updated script and it worked.
Did it work after you signed into your account?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin1