DSPChain for AudioRenderers
Thumbs Up 
From http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5770 created by Topfs2...

"Seeing as both paplayer and dvdplayer uses the AudioRenderers I have started sketching a dspchain that would be added between the player and the Audio output. This would let us take away the resampling from paplayer and move it to the dspchain instead giving lots of more options, also any added dsp would be beneficial to both players and any new added player in the future (given they use the AudioRenderers)..."

I thought this warranted a forum thread to discuss the overall merits and desirable features of an audio post-processing module. So far, re-sampling, time-delay, and up/down/cross-mixing have been suggested as viable and useful components. It would seem that a large number of feature request tickests could be closed through the use of such an architecture.

Be warned, though, that there is only so much post-processing that can be done without affecting the overall perceived performance of the players, which remains a top priority for the project I am sure.

P.S. This may be better-placed in the Feature forum, but I figure it is really a dev. discussion at the moment...Mods, move as you see fit.
Per channel volume control and custom LFE crossovers would also be really cool.

People have been asking for graphic equalizers since as long as I can remember too (XBMP days Laugh)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPChain for AudioRenderers0