Screensaver - using Video Fanart, from where?
I use video fanart for my screensaver, but i doesn't seem to be very random as the same TV shows and Films seem to appear loads more than others (sometimes it only appears to use 20 or so out of my 1,000's of fanart).

Where does the screensaver get video fanart from - does it use the MySQL instance I'm using or will it be looking at old stuff I had before I implemented MySQL, or is it looking directly at my LAN based Thumbnails directory?

Cheers

D.
not the same but possibly related - I use smart playlists to, say, pick 50 songs from the 1980's out of about 1000 and it always seems to pick the same few tracks each time - about 20% of the 'random' playlist is the same (i.e. 10 tracks out of 50).

I would think that true random you would only get 5% being the same in each playlist (i.e. 2-3 tracks out of 50).

So perhaps this issue, and yours, has something to do with the random number generation

EDIT: I think my maths is horribly wrong but its too early to work out why - but I hope you get the idea
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
I get the idea - In my case the fanart for Eastenders really spoils the whole mood when it displays so frequently Wink
Are you using separate folders for each of your TV Shows? And are you using the season folder also.

I had similar issue like this until I switch my folder structure.

Code:
TV Shows
     |----TV Show 1
     |       |___season ##
     |       |       |___ TV Show 1 Media files
     |----TV Show 2
     |       |___season ##
     |       |       |___ TV Show 2 Media files
     |----TV Show 3
     |       |___season ##
     |       |       |___ TV Show 3 Media files
yip - (with the exception of stuff like Eastenders obvioulsy). I wonder if there's something in the code that gets random fan art from Films (50%) and TVShows (50%) - thereby making the TVShow source (which has less fan art) show more frequently.
I will say that after I made changes to my file structures, I deleted all of my database and video thumbs folder. And then rescraped all (nfo with movies makes this fairly fast). Not that you what to go that extreme, but I don't get much of any repeats anymore.

My family and I will sometimes even sit and watch the screen saver and make a trivia game out of it.
The issue has to be with your tv show folder sturcture. I had the same thing going on because I had for example, a folder named Friends and then each episode inside that folder. I checked my thumbnail cache and it had crap loads of repeated Friends fanart. I switched my folder structure as mentioned above and it fixed the problem. Just don't forget to delete all off the files in the thumbnail cache. Don't worry it will be recreated.

Windows: c:\Users\CPU Name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\Video
Linux: CPU Name\Home\.xbmc\userdata\Thumbnails\Video
*I think, its been a while since I used Linux.*
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screensaver - using Video Fanart, from where?0