• 11(current)
[RELEASE] YouTube Channels (Video Plugin) Addon
(2020-10-18, 21:35)mint Wrote: Yo,

This should be fixed in 0.3.2 (PR is in flight: https://github.com/xbmc/repo-plugins/pull/3167) already, I'm just waiting for the merge to happen and then it'll be released to the main repository.

-Rob

Just as FYI 0.3.2 has been merged now so it should be available as an upgrade now.
(2020-10-21, 22:54)yeahme49 Wrote: If I find some free time here I can work on adding the feature you're looking for though. The ability to add channels to a folder and instead of listing the channels to choose from, it would list all the videos from those channels. Just need to decide if that should be a setting that can be toggled in the settings (list channels in folder or list videos from channels) or add a 2nd kind of folder (one is a list of channels, one makes a list of videos from those channels). I'll see what I can do.

Sounds actually really cool.

I think a new type of folder would be my preferred option. That way existing users still have the behaviour they're used to currently and can opt into the 'mix-tape' style folder if they want for a specific set of channels. I can imagine myself using it to mix a few youtube channels together yet still using the existing folder structure to keep a few separate.

I'll make a Github Issue for it so we've got some visibility of this conversation on the repo.
@yeahme49 
@mint 
Any updates?  Blush
(2021-03-21, 16:55)namtih Wrote: @yeahme49 
@mint 
Any updates?  Blush

Not on that feature no Smile

I've not got around to implementing it yet. If you wanted to take a crack yourself, it's open source etc and I'd welcome a PR (https://github.com/mintsoft/kodi.plugin.ytchannels), otherwise you're basically waiting for me to "feel the need to code" one morning Wink
Thanks for your feedback.
I wish you a very soft pillow the following nights to get into the "right programming mood"  Big Grin
0.3.5 Has been submitted to the repository for release, all the changes are by yeahme49 again (thanks!) originally in May and I've only just got around to sorting it out :/

Changes:

-Add ability to add a playlist to a folder, similar to a channel
-Resets sort value when moving channel to a different folder
How do you use this plugin? The instructions for the original no longer match the current plugin's configuration. When trying to use the search or username options, I get the message, "YouTube Channels error, check the log for more information." I don't even know if I'm doing anything right.
(2021-09-04, 19:12)Thumbelina Wrote: How do you use this plugin? The instructions for the original no longer match the current plugin's configuration. When trying to use the search or username options, I get the message, "YouTube Channels error, check the log for more information." I don't even know if I'm doing anything right.

This plugin will basically only work if the YouTube plugin is already working on Kodi already; I'd focus on getting that so you can search and watch videos etc first. If (once that's working) the YTChannels addon still isn't working, then it's possible you're hitting a bug inside the plugin. In this case if you get me the relevant snippet of the kodi.log; I'll probably be able to figure out what's going on and fix the plugin.
https://paste.kodi.tv/uyimirekew

Here's a log. I tried to add ABC. Keeping it simple.
(2021-09-05, 17:47)Thumbelina Wrote: https://paste.kodi.tv/uyimirekew

Here's a log. I tried to add ABC. Keeping it simple.

Hmm, that link just redirects back to https://paste.kodi.tv/ and I can't see the log unfortunately
Version 0.3.6 should be live in the next day or so. It now includes the "live" folder on each channel for listing current live streams!

Thanks to yeahme49 for this feature.

Other big news, is that it looks like LibreElec 10 is out, which probably means I'll be looking at dropping support for Leia in the next couple of months!
LibreElec doesnt work on RPi 3 so hopefully this doesn't end support
I'm not planning to remove the older versions from the repo etc, however it's most likely that it will be stuck on Version < 0.4.0. I'll see if there's some 'easy' way I can maintain backwards support for bug fixes moving forward, but with the changes that came in with Matrix, it looks like it might be a little awkward
In the Youtube Channels, Options, Addon Options:

There is a slider for "Show add folder/channel" options.  

I disabled it (slid it left) and those icons are still there, in all views.

I installed a second Kodi on a different computer, and tested the same slider, the "add folder" "Add channel to root" do not disappear.

On another note, Id like to see a similar option to hide the "UP" option, as I plan to restrict my son to just the channels I have enabled in his Kodi.

Thank you.
Calmaria
(2022-03-24, 09:06)Calmaria Wrote: In the Youtube Channels, Options, Addon Options:

There is a slider for "Show add folder/channel" options.  

I disabled it (slid it left) and those icons are still there, in all views.

I installed a second Kodi on a different computer, and tested the same slider, the "add folder" "Add channel to root" do not disappear.

On another note, Id like to see a similar option to hide the "UP" option, as I plan to restrict my son to just the channels I have enabled in his Kodi.

Thank you.
Calmaria

What version of Kodi are you using? Just tested YouTube Channels 0.4.0 on Kodi 19 and when disabling 'show add folder/channel' option they disappear for me.

As for hiding the up option, are you talking about just disabling it on the page that lists the channels?

EDIT: In Kodi settings, Media Settings, General, you can disable 'Show parent folder items' and it should remove the up options.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] YouTube Channels (Video Plugin) Addon1