• 13(current)
[RELEASE] YouTube Channels (Video Plugin) Addon
Quote:I am not sure if this is a proper fix or more like a dirty hack, but i thought it would have been helpful to others so worth sharing

Thanks, I've been encountering that here and there and not had the time to look into what's going on. I've made that change to the useragent and it'll go out in the next release.
Hi @mint,
Just discovered this addon. Don't know how I survived without it before now! Really impressed with it. It does everything I'd like a youtube based addon to do.
Don't know if it's still being developed or not?
I know there is a setting to exclude shorts (I presume videos under 1 minute or so), but is there any possibility of adding a setting to either exclude videos less than a certain length (say 3 minutes), or vice versa, only videos above, say 1 minute?

Great addon anyway.

Thank you!
Yep, still being developed. Basically when I find features that I want or need I add them (PR's also accepted: https://github.com/mintsoft/kodi.plugin.ytchannels).
Quote:I know there is a setting to exclude shorts (I presume videos under 1 minute or so), but is there any possibility of adding a setting to either exclude videos less than a certain length (say 3 minutes), or vice versa, only videos above, say 1 minute?
It would be super trivial to change the current "<= 60 seconds" filter to be user-configurable in the settings (i.e. you choose a number of seconds); although that would apply to every channel etc, is that what you were thinking?

Thanks for the kind words!
Hi @mint,
Thank you for replying so quickly. Much appreciated
Exactly. I play a lot of music and podcasts. I've noticed using the app that 'shorts' are appearing in channels/playlists. Most shorts are under 1 min, so will be excluded but some are 1m plus a bit so will be included. Personally I find they get in the way when playing music (just my opinion). If there was a user setting to change the minimum length to exclude etc, the user could determine a personal cutoff. Just a thought anyway.

Off on a tangent here, but I've also just added (in the last hour!) a podcast playlist to the addon (Neil Oliver - Love letter to the British Isles). Just playing around, but there are 100+ podcasts in the playlist. To get to episode one in the series I had to page through to the first podcast page and episode one is at the bottom. However If I select episode one and select 'play from here', it won't play episode two next because of the playlist order (must be descending?) Anyhow, is there any way of changing descending to ascending so that it would play? Not suggesting that the app is changed, or you spend any time on it, but can you think of a way that I could change the play order (probably based on date added). Happy to add a line of code to change the displayed sort order. 

Anyhow, I echo my last post...Great Addon! Thank you for adapting/developing it!
Quote:If there was a user setting to change the minimum length to exclude etc, the user could determine a personal cutoff. Just a thought anyway.

That'll be in 0.5.3, I've just submitted https://github.com/xbmc/repo-plugins/pull/4454 which will release that.

Quote:Not suggesting that the app is changed, or you spend any time on it, but can you think of a way that I could change the play order (probably based on date added). Happy to add a line of code to change the displayed sort order. 
This is a bit more awkward to solve, it's the same issue as when you add a new channel; if they have pages and pages of content then it's quite difficult to view it in chronological order. I've got a branch where I was attempting to implement some sort of system where you can see what page number you're on and jump pages (https://github.com/mintsoft/kodi.plugin....pagination) however I've not found a way to actually make it work as I couldn't get "loading a page by number" to work (specifics of why elude me at the moment). 

I don't have a solution for that at the moment, whether you could implement a sort order option or something is more dependent on being able to get the youtubeAPI to do the same (not sure if that's possible)? Not sure, but if I have any ideas it's likely they'd get implemented as I experience the same frustrations.
(2024-01-25, 09:43)mint Wrote:
Quote:If there was a user setting to change the minimum length to exclude etc, the user could determine a personal cutoff. Just a thought anyway.

That'll be in 0.5.3, I've just submitted https://github.com/xbmc/repo-plugins/pull/4454 which will release that.

Quote:Not suggesting that the app is changed, or you spend any time on it, but can you think of a way that I could change the play order (probably based on date added). Happy to add a line of code to change the displayed sort order. 
This is a bit more awkward to solve, it's the same issue as when you add a new channel; if they have pages and pages of content then it's quite difficult to view it in chronological order. I've got a branch where I was attempting to implement some sort of system where you can see what page number you're on and jump pages (https://github.com/mintsoft/kodi.plugin....pagination) however I've not found a way to actually make it work as I couldn't get "loading a page by number" to work (specifics of why elude me at the moment). 

I don't have a solution for that at the moment, whether you could implement a sort order option or something is more dependent on being able to get the youtubeAPI to do the same (not sure if that's possible)? Not sure, but if I have any ideas it's likely they'd get implemented as I experience the same frustrations.
Hi @mint
Thank you for doing this! Looking forward to the new version!
Hi @mint
Apologies for another question!
Is it possible to nest folders in the addon?
For example, I have a root folder called 'YouTube Music'
Within that folder I have folders called 'London Grammar - Topic' and 'London Grammar Official Videos'
Is it possible to create a folder called 'London Grammar' with sub folders:  'London Grammar - Topic' and 'London Grammar Official Videos'
So the file structure would be:
Youtube Music
London Grammar
London Grammar - Topic     London Grammar Official Videos
If you see what I mean?

Just wondering if that is possible to do or not?

Thanks!

Edit - I've found a workaround using Autowidget.
(2024-01-25, 21:04)Chalklands Wrote: Is it possible to nest folders in the addon?
Not at current, I don't think there's any mechanism to create a full structure like that and off the top of my head, I'm not sure if it'd be incredibly easy or very awkward to do. If I'm working on that bit at any point, I'll look into it because it might be super simple.
(2024-01-27, 15:34)mint Wrote:
(2024-01-25, 21:04)Chalklands Wrote: Is it possible to nest folders in the addon?
Not at current, I don't think there's any mechanism to create a full structure like that and off the top of my head, I'm not sure if it'd be incredibly easy or very awkward to do. If I'm working on that bit at any point, I'll look into it because it might be super simple.
Hi @mint
OK. No worries. Thanks for taking the time to reply though!
Thanks for maintaining this great addon! Just a suggestion, can you please add an option to use video thumbnails as fanart? Thanks again
not working after update of 2-12 (never mind downloaded 0.54 version from kodi website and working fine after that)
Ignore this post.
(2024-03-11, 20:14)Chalklands Wrote: Ignore this post.

Just for anyone who stumbles on this thread at any point, the errors that were appearing ("player response failed for video xxxxxx using android client") is because the plugin.video.youtube needs to be updated to 7.0.3.2 and it's only just (i.e. yesterday/today) been updated in the repo: https://github.com/xbmc/repo-plugins/pull/4470
(2024-03-11, 20:24)mint Wrote:
(2024-03-11, 20:14)Chalklands Wrote: Ignore this post.

Just for anyone who stumbles on this thread at any point, the errors that were appearing ("player response failed for video xxxxxx using android client") is because the plugin.video.youtube needs to be updated to 7.0.3.2 and it's only just (i.e. yesterday/today) been updated in the repo: https://github.com/xbmc/repo-plugins/pull/4470
Thank you @mint. I updated the addon just after my initial post, but then realised and deleted my post. Everything is working fine now.
Hi guys, i've been struggling the days past few days to  be able to watch video again with the YT plugin but somehow it won't work.
I have followed the procedure to a T  (New key, client ID, Restrict Key, publish status etc..) on the page i'll link below, now i'm able to access my account yet nothing when i try to play (failed to get player response for video for video ID[...]).

I'm using an old kodi version maybe that's the issue but i'd like not to change, i'm on Win7 x64...still

Link: https://www.claudiokuenzler.com/blog/103...le-sign-in
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] YouTube Channels (Video Plugin) Addon1