Audigy install help
I loaded my first ubuntu box today (8.1) and I need some help/direction on how to get an Audigy SB0090 card working. I am very comfortable with command line bash commands as I work with Solaris at work. But I am not savvy with multimedia setups with Linux.

I don't know where to start. It's connected to my receiver via an optical cable and I am using the Sound Blaster Digital I/O module. Link below.

I am not getting any sound. What do I select to turn on digital I/O and what do I set the preferences to for sound setup?

Thanks for any help. - Gary

http://www.soundblaster.com/products/pro...80&listby=
Kodi: Shield Pro 2019
Storage: Synology DS2415+, DS1815+
HT: LG 65C9 OLED, Pioneer VSX-LX503
Speakers: ProAc Super Towers/front, ProAc EBT's/rear, Polk S35/center, SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer
You'll probably get more and better help on this at the ubuntu forums.
The dumb question:
have you tested that the cad itself works or are you only testing with XBMC? You should first try to play a .wav file using aplay.

In Ubuntu my SB Audigy 2 was automatically recognized by ALSA (see alsa-project.org for a list of supported devices and what modules each requires). Type aplay -L to get a list of all output devices ALSA recognizes with the currently loaded modules, then use aplay -D (-d? sorry this is from memory) <device> file.wav to see if it plays your file.

If all this works then you just have to fiddle with your XBMC settings to get it to output to the right sound device. The same device string you used for aplay should be what you need to set your default output device to.
I got more and more concerned about Creative's docs saying it only works on this Audigy value card. I can't tell what Audigy card this is so I loaded up Windows on a different drive to confirm the audio dongle works and it does not.

So I went to Best Buy and got a Dynex 5.1 card for $25 bucks. I am half way there now. I followed the below thread but I can't get the middle ICE device to show up yet I have all three checked. I can get analog audio to work out the TosLink but not digital. Yet the secondary audio on the digital is working?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ight=dynex

I'm going to start a new thread with the Dynex.

After reading all the issues with ubuntu and changing sound cards I decided to reload ubuntu. The Dynex card worked on the first attempt with DTS and DD 5.1. It's a keeper.
Kodi: Shield Pro 2019
Storage: Synology DS2415+, DS1815+
HT: LG 65C9 OLED, Pioneer VSX-LX503
Speakers: ProAc Super Towers/front, ProAc EBT's/rear, Polk S35/center, SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audigy install help0