Import problems
OK this is bugging me. I have searched and read through 100's of posts but what ever I try I just cannot solve this.

I have used the Media Info application to save nfo files and image files for all my movies. Each movie is stored in a seperate directory.

I have added the source of the movies. My problem is nothing gets added to the library. If however I move to each film in file view ( 1 at a time ) and select "Scan For New Content" it then adds that movie to the library.

It only seems to work for 1 movie at a time though and this is a nightmare when you have 1000's of films.

What am I doing wrong. Also sorry if this has already been answered I just could not find it anywhere in serach's
All of the 100's of posts you read, failed to mention the debug log requirement?

What scraper settings are you using?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=233507&postcount=1
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:All of the 100's of posts you read, failed to mention the debug log requirement?

What scraper settings are you using?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=233507&postcount=1

OK Reason I did not initially post logs is because I just assumed I was doing something in setup wrong. because the films were adding ok if I scanned for new content on the actual movie directory itself I just assumed that maybe I had missed a recursive option somewhere.

Because log files are usually more for finding internal errors I assumed if I HAD missed an option somewhere the log file would not help anyway.

OK Well I have posted here a section of teh log file which is associated with the actual drive which is added and contains sub directories each containing an nfo file for the film. Nothing from this drive was added to library ( even with update library on startup selected ).

Here is a link to the log

http://pastebin.com/m3f0fdcba

Drive M: I manually added each film by selecting Scan For New Content on each film in file view.

Drive N: is another source I added and Trying to get xbmc auto add all films to library which is not happening. Line 1559 in log handles this drive.

By looking at the log I still think its down to something in the source setup because form looking at the log I cannot really see much that would indicate an error anywhere.
You also failed to answer my second question.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
sho Wrote:You also failed to answer my second question.

OK sorry misread post. I am using NFO files and my options in set content section are as follows

Run Automated Scan : selected
use Folder Names For Lookups : selected
Folder Contains A Single Video : unselected
Scan Recursively : Selected

Settings

All options selected.
Assuming you are setting contents on the "HD Movies" folder, you do not need Scan Recursively selected
sho Wrote:Assuming you are setting contents on the "HD Movies" folder, you do not need Scan Recursively selected

OK tried without scan Recursively but no difference. I have included a couple of screens to show what I am doing.

Set Content On Drive.

At this point I tried Scan for new content over the drive and also tried restarting xbmc.

When I come back in the N drive contents have not been added to library. Only way I can get movies added is to goto file view and manually scan for new content on each movie like this.

Not sure if this will help at all.
Please try the following:
Make a backup of your database file
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=The_UserData_Folder

Then delete the original (*.db file)

Start XBMC, set contents on the HD Movies folder again with the suggested options and rescan.

Report results back.

PS I am unable to decipher anything meaningful from these pictures.
In the future please insert links (thumbs) to the full pic, that must be possible with all the imagehosting services.
Hi Mr.T

1a. remove your movie folder as a source, do clean library and then delete existing movie database as suggested in previous post.

1. make sure your movies are in acceptable formats and named correctly per xbmc naming conventions.

2. add your movie folder as a source.

3. set content for scaping, go with moviedb.org now, imdb wont work.

4. set 'folder contains a single video' option in accordance with how you have your movies, sometimes in my mind this option works backwards, so try it both ways.

5. scan your movies.

TC Big Grin
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
1. if they get ID'd during a manual "scan for new content", we can assume they are.
2. already established
3. He is using 8.10, IMDb should not be disabled there.
4. No No No. it does not say EACH folder contains a single video.
5. As already stated above.

That said, someone more proficient in reading the logs can probably spot a mile away what's wrong.
WOOOHOOOO you stars Smile

OK got it working now.

1st I tried removing sources from movie library and then deleting the .db file.

Added source, Set content and no joy.

I then unticked the "Folder Contains Single Video" and it worked.

I do only have single file in each directory so not sure what this option is doing..

Wish I had played around a bit more with these options before wasting both your time but anyway THANK YOU SO MUCH. Not only have I sorted the problem but I have also learnt a bit more about the softwrae in the process Smile

I am getting there Smile
MrTourettes Wrote:Folder Contains A Single Video : unselected
Previously you said you had this option unchecked Huh

MrTourettes Wrote:I do only have single file in each directory so not sure what this option is doing..
Did you actually read up on the link I gave you on what it did BEFORE you checked it?
sho Wrote:Previously you said you had this option unchecked Huh

Yes I did. I had tried both options. I am wondering if it was a combination of deleating the .db, removing the source and starting from fresh ontop of making sure that was unchecked.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Import problems0