XBMC can't play dts-cd,why?
So... XBMC can play dts cds or not?
I cannot get it to work with DTS-CD's (I won't be converting to .WAV)

All other AC-3, DTS, DD, audio from video sources pass to my receiver perfectly.

I think this is a critical update for xbmc - hopefully it has been resolved for future releases.
Has anyone, user or XBMC team made any progress on this issue?
Just tried with Dharma Beta 2 and it seems to "downscale" the DTS stream from cd and send Ac3, 2.0 stereo stream to my receiver. Using a cheap-ass dvd palyer the playback of the cd (Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms) works.
I just installed xbmc freaks version and also am having problems with these files. DTS Wav files output white noise. 5.1 FLAC files come up as PCM and are only outputting to my front 2 speakers (even though my receiver is showing PCM 5.1).

ok i found the solution on another thread. Play these files with DVD Player and they will all work fine.
jz1276 Wrote:I just installed xbmc freaks version and also am having problems with these files. DTS Wav files output white noise. 5.1 FLAC files come up as PCM and are only outputting to my front 2 speakers (even though my receiver is showing PCM 5.1).

ok i found the solution on another thread. Play these files with DVD Player and they will all work fine.
Playing these files, 5.1 DTS, with paplayer will play them as 2.0 PCM but will display it as 5.1
Playing these files, 5.1 DTS with DVDplayer will play them as 5.1 DTS but will display it as 2.0 Huh

For now I have added .wav as an extension to video extensions and removed it from audio extensions and made a rule to use dvdplayer as the default wav player.

Regards,

Joop
I am not sure hat is meant by play with the dvd player. Do you mean treat it as a movie? I really don't want to do that I am running either Camelot LiveCD or Dharma Beta 2 live cd on an Asrock ion 330. Any help/ advice how to do this (and hopefully as music) would really help me a lot
I got the ac3 files working under the lastest windows XBMC version by simply renaming them to mkv extension. Then just go to videos and read it. It works for me tho. In DTS 5.1 channel.
In Dharma 10.0, Apple Losslessly encoded DTS CD files play fine (i.e. pass-through to my receiver) but not gapless (big shame since various albums that need gapless still require me to use the CD) using the DVDPlayer as default with my AppleTV (Gen1) setup. PaPlayer won't even recognize these as DTS and just outputs static to both analog and digital outputs.

If I convert the ALEC DTS CDs back to WAV format, both PaPlayer and DVDPlayer will both play them in 2-channel through analog outputs only (digital output stays blank no matter what setting is set in preferences) and the output is generally gapless (once in awhile there'll be a little glitch between tracks, but overall it works). XBMC displays these as 5.1 channel DTS, but it will only output them as 2-channel stereo downmixes. It ignores all the preference settings for output type, DTS-capable, etc. and outputs nothing on the optical output and analog 2-channel across HDMI and the RCA jacks.

It'd be nice if XBMC would pass-through the signal if the "DTS enabled receiver" option is checked and down-convert if it's not checked. I'm also not sure why both players recognize the DTS signal when it's packaged in a WAV container, but don't recognize it when it's packed in a compressed container (i.e. ALEC and from what I've read FLAC as well). Yet not recognizing them is good (in DVDPlayer at least) since it will then pass them through the digital output unscathed (alas with gaps between tracks, same as Apple's own player, which means I cannot put the actual DTS CDs away any time soon for my home theater room, although the downmix mode works well in my 2-channel audio only room as long as I'm willing to store a 2nd set of duplicate files in WAV format for just that room to use and leave the ALEC encoded ones for the home theater room to use, save the ones that need gapless to sound right between tracks).
THEATER: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC can't play dts-cd,why?0