XBMCMobileControl - PPC (Pocket PC) EventClient Remote Control
Hey all together.
I really wanted to control my HTPC using my brand new Xperia X1 Phone, but i did not like any of the available solutions... So i coded my own.

The HTTP PPC Control is very nice... but the normal controls via UP, DOWN, etc are wayyy to slow...
Another control simulates windows buttons from the touchpad to the Windows PC, but many functions of XBMC were missing here...

So... here is my own. Smile

ImageImage

You can control all basic functions now, so i think it is already usable (well, i am using it). But as the name says, i would like to add more HTPC control features... Post ideas if you like! Smile

Download: QVGA, VGA, WVGA: http://www.lucleonhart.de/files/HTPCMobileControl.zip
Could be a nice remote application to use in my car. Smile
Can you also make a version for lower resolutions?
I can only see 2 buttons at my HTC Kaiser II.. Tongue
In your CAR??
Oh, forgot to mention the WVGA resolution... i will add more tomorrow! Smile
Lucleonhart Wrote:In your CAR??
Oh, forgot to mention the WVGA resolution... i will add more tomorrow! Smile
Great!

Yes, I've a xbox with XBMC that's connected to a wireless accesspoint in my car. So I guess this application is a perfect alternative for the remote control I'm using right now. Can't wait to have the QVGA version running on my phone! =D
Did you have time to look at the QVGA resolutions? Smile
[UPDATE @ First Post!]
VGA & QVGA is now ready... so i can only test on Emulator... please report bugs to me! Smile
you broke the link with you edit so I can't test it for you.

any plans to combine it with info from the httpapi? like a "now playing" item and browsing through your library directly on the mobile device.
dushmaniac Wrote:you broke the link with you edit so I can't test it for you.

any plans to combine it with info from the httpapi? like a "now playing" item and browsing through your library directly on the mobile device.

This is the correct link: Click

Lucleonhart Wrote:As the name says, i would like to add more HTPC control features... Post ideas if you like! Smile

Maybe you can talk with XiniX88, he made a great web-based application for the PDA. Smile Thanks a lot for the QVGA version, will test it tomorrow.

EDIT:

The QVGA version looks good but doesn't work.
XBMC just doesn't respond to any button you touch....
Found the Problem, i am sorry... Will upload new version soon... It has more features, too! Smile
Lucleonhart Wrote:Found the Problem, i am sorry... Will upload new version soon... It has more features, too! Smile

Great! Big Grin
Hi

I've installed this on my HTC Touch HD (WVGA) and XDA Orbit 2 (QVGA) and both devices error saying "The application requires a newer version of the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework than the version installed on this device"

Both are running windows mobile 6.1

If anyone can advise please?

Cheers
Lucleonhart,

Check out this thread...
XBMControl - an open source compact remote XBMC controller app for Windows (.NET 3.5)

It would be nice to include a full media browser in your app - I'd DEFINITELY use it!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
spamenigma Wrote:Hi

I've installed this on my HTC Touch HD (WVGA) and XDA Orbit 2 (QVGA) and both devices error saying "The application requires a newer version of the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework than the version installed on this device"

Both are running windows mobile 6.1

If anyone can advise please?

Cheers

The VGA version is the only version that works at the moment. Smile
Well i am currently testing out some more functions, so i'll need some more time.. *g*

@spamenigma: You will need the .net compact framework 3.5 for my tool. Smile
@Livin: Well, i think there are already two really really really good PPC Media Browsers using the HTTP method... my Program should act as a advanced remote control, so you see the wonderful XBMC interface on your HDTV, and navigate using your PPC. Smile
hi

lucleonhart -> just the program i was looking for, thumbs up to you Big Grin

i decided to check if it was possible to run this .net 3.5 program on my old ipaq h2200 windows ce 4.2 Huh and stumbled upon this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947559

i downloaded the .NET Compact Framework 3.5 redistributable file and installed NETCFv35.ppc.armv4.cab (this is found where you installed the framework files in my case under "Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\CompactFramework\v3.5\WindowsCE") ... and voila the program was running, at least the interface Nod ... havn't testet it to see if it is fully functional, and this was also just an info for others out there, who was having the same idea.

Info: i also tried XBrunzMC came out with an alphablend error, so it is not everything that works this way Sad

but keep up the good work, looking forward for to see the final product.

by the way, would it be possible to have an option in the qvga version to go into fullscreen mode, without topbar and statusbar??

many greetins
cool_bombom

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCMobileControl - PPC (Pocket PC) EventClient Remote Control1