XBMCMobileControl - PPC (Pocket PC) EventClient Remote Control
Is it just me or could this not just be made into a web application? This way it is compatable with all mobile devices... Should be fairly simple. Just setup a bunch of asp pages that have the mobile resolution..
nate12o6 Wrote:Is it just me or could this not just be made into a web application? This way it is compatable with all mobile devices... Should be fairly simple. Just setup a bunch of asp pages that have the mobile resolution..

If you're searching for a great PDA-webapplication you should take a look at this topic. Smile
Well, i just wanted to use my Xperia as a niiice Remote Control, and also tried out all these HTTP based tools. The normal "UP, Down, Right, Left, select" etc controls were THAT slow... horrible.
That is why i made an eventclient version. And tomorrow i will post newer Version, promise!
Lucleonhart Wrote:Well, i just wanted to use my Xperia as a niiice Remote Control, and also tried out all these HTTP based tools. The normal "UP, Down, Right, Left, select" etc controls were THAT slow... horrible.
That is why i made an eventclient version. And tomorrow i will post newer Version, promise!

*uch* about that promise.... Wink

Not that I'm in the position to say anything about it, but I just can't wait to use it. :p
looking forward to trying on my AT&T Tilt (HTC Kaiser)
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
very nice. i've been looking for something like this for a while now. i'm using the touch HD. i tried it with plex but to no avail. would this be something you'd be able to look at adding in the future? plex support?

many thanks,

mass

edit: actually, i just tried it under XBMC on the mac and still no luck. Sad
Hello,
Thanks for the time for developping this software, it looks great
Unfortunatly it is not working completly for me.
I am using xbmc for windows (window mode) (the last version), and some button most don't.
For example the home button work, the back button also, but all the other one doesn(t work.
My windows CE device is a HTC touch pro

Can you please help me
Thanks
Small uodate,
In the movie, the play, stop, volume, fast forward, rewind works.
It is apparently just the arrow and center botton that doesn t
Rgds
I can confirm that. I'm using the QVGA version on my HP Ipaq HX2790 (WM6.1; .NET Compact 2.0 and 3.5). Everything works but the navigation buttons and the "ok" button in the center.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Hi,

I was working on a solution to control XBMC via a WinMobile touch interface too. Even gave it the same name as this one without knowing it Smile

I sent Lucleonhart a PM to ask if we can join our efforts.

My client can be found on svn://svn.opdenkamp.eu/trunk

At the moment this is just in alpha stage so there are still a lot of issues:
  • VGA resolution only for now
  • key release events aren't always sent correctly (so XBMC keeps scrolling sometimes)
  • no working music/video browser yet (just gets the videolist from the server to test functionality and displays it. you can scroll through the list but the buttons aren't mapped yet)
  • only displays a video plot in the file info at the moment
  • users can scroll file info out of visible range
  • 2 different icon sets are used so the button styles aren't really consistent
  • icon in the info window isn't scaled
  • a lot more minor issues probably Smile

Couple of screenshots:
Image Image
Image Image

Since the student license doesn't allow me to distribute binaries you'll have to build it yourself. I'll let you know when I hear from Lucleonhart.

edit: SVN is offline till tomorrow due to a server upgrade
edit2: we're online again
It is great when everyone shares code!

thank you for the nice work.

Lucleonhart, can you integrate features into your app?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Yes, sharing code is great. That's why my client is under GPL and
everyone is welcome to join if he/she can produce c# code. Wouldn't be bad if someone reviewed my code because I'm not a c# coder myself. In fact, this is my first application I ever made for this terrible I-want-to-java-and-I-just-copiedpasted-renamed-and-fucked-up-every-function-from-java framework Smile

I sincerely hope that Lucleonhart is interested to join coding efforts to make 1 product that uses the best of both apps. His app doesn't have the "release key problem" Smile If he's not interested I'll rename mine and create my own post.

Fixed 2 bugs btw, can't scroll out of range anymore and the icon is resized to fit now. But since my server is being backed up before being upgraded to a new distro I can't commit it to the svn yet. I plan to have everything up again by noon tomorrow.
Haven't heard from Lucleonhart yet so I'm continuing work on my own app.

Someone told me I can legally distribute binaries created with the student version of visual studio. I checked the eula and can't find anything about it so it should be fine.
Latest build can be found on http://xbmc.opdenkamp.eu/binaries/dev/XB...ontrol.exe

Please note that this is just in alpha stage. It's vga only, is buggy and the movie and music database part isn't fully implemented yet.
I would be very happy with a qvga version so I can install it om my Ipaq! Smile

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
well I'm focussing on getting the functionality working first. making other resolution versions is a trivial job but very time consuming since I'm changing the gui code a lot.

you're welcome to make a qvga version though Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCMobileControl - PPC (Pocket PC) EventClient Remote Control1