Sound card recommendations
I spent all day trying to get an Audigy 0094 card to work in ubuntu. I finally unplugged the hard drive and quickly installed Windows to make sure the Audigy was working with the Sound Blaster Digital I/O module. I am glad I took these steps as it didn't work there either. I can't tell if my Audigy is the Value/SE card or not but I'm done screwing around with it.

What's a known good sound card that works well with ubuntu/XBMC that has a TOS connection?
Kodi: Shield Pro 2019
Storage: Synology DS2415+, DS1815+
HT: LG 65C9 OLED, Pioneer VSX-LX503
Speakers: ProAc Super Towers/front, ProAc EBT's/rear, Polk S35/center, SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer
Check out the Hardware Support page on the Ubuntu Wiki:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupportC...SoundCards

I don't know what TOS is, but if you know the card you can see if it's listed on there.
Maxim Wrote:Check out the Hardware Support page on the Ubuntu Wiki:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupportC...SoundCards

I don't know what TOS is, but if you know the card you can see if it's listed on there.
TOS is the optical out cable. Thanks for the link. I really want an XBMC user experience since we need digital out to work to support DD5.1 and DTS.
Speakers: ProAc Super Towers/front, ProAc EBT's/rear, Polk S35/center, SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer
If you can't find a card with an optical out, you can also get a card with coax out and use a coax to optical converter box (I think they're about $30).

I'm using an old SB Audigy 2 with a coax S/PDIF out. It works great including DTS.
I got the Dynex from Best Buy for $25. It works perfectly with DTS via my TosLink.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound card recommendations0