• 8(current)
[LINUX] HOW-TO get Live TV with VDR working in XBMC for Linux
freezy Wrote:@Stones: which patch are you using for streamdev?

@mwfv: sudo apt-get install libfaad-dev?

sudo apt-get install git-core yasm texi2html libtheora-dev libxvidcore4-dev libcdio-dev libvcdinfo-dev libfaad-dev
@Stones
I was able to compile streamdev using the latest patch (streamdev-cvs180209-vdr-1.7.4_xbmc-v4.patch.gz) but now XBMC svn 18100 is giving problems.
It compiles but when run it consumes 100% CPU and nothing happens.

Latest svn18222 is ok but the vdr patch fails on it.
hudo Wrote:Freezy, testing with the latest patches updated by you, I get this error:

http://pastebin.com/m1cefdbc4

Any ideias? Did you compile without errors?

Why isn't alwinus making the patches against vdr-1.7.4?

I still can´t compile patched vdr 1.7.4. Other than that, everything ok with xbmc on intrepid 64 bits. Anyone had success compiling on 64 bits? freezy? Did you gave it a try?

@hafeez, i pulled vdpau branch and updated to r18172 after. VDR patch applied cleanly with some offsets. It works quite well and stable as a rock. But I did noticed one core always at 100%.
@hudo: sorry, 32-bit here. there seems indeed a problem with 64-bit, and i think it's because of how i made the changes to the 1.7.4 patch. you'll probably have to wait until alwin takes a look at it.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
mwfv Wrote:
Code:
libavcodec/libfaad.c:322: Fehler: »libfaad« ist hier nicht deklariert (nicht in einer Funktion)
libavcodec/libfaad.c:329: Warnung: Initialisierung von inkompatiblem Zeigertyp
libavcodec/libfaad.c:331: Fehler: expected »,« or »;« at end of input
make: *** [libavcodec/libfaad.o] Fehler 1
Sad

where is the problem. I have a absolut clean Ubunt 8.10 with NOVA HD S2

I have same problem.

¿Any solution please? Two days ago, i compiled it, but i had another error in vpu run and begin process again.
I´m totally newby with linux
corpetit Wrote:I have same problem.
¿Any solution please? Two days ago, i compiled it, but i had another error in vpu run and begin process again.
I´m totally newby with linux

I got that problem too. To fix it dont use the svn to get the source. Download a daily source snapshot:
http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg-export...ot.tar.bz2

But now i'm stuck in xine-lib install
Code:
+ Running autopoint: cvs [init aborted]: cannot get working directory: No such file or directory
cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot get working directory: No such file or directory
find: archive: No such file or directory
autopoint: *** infrastructure files for version 0.16.1 not found; this is autopoint from GNU gettext-tools 0.17
autopoint: *** Stop.
done.
+ Running aclocal: done.
+ Running libtoolize: done.
+ Running autoheader: done.

Trying this on Hardy xbmc live install.
Asus P5N7A-VM|Win7 32bit|Intel C2D E8400|2GB|integrated nVidia 9300-HDMI|Integrated Audio-Optical SPDIF| 50" plasma 3DTV (Samsung PS50C7705)
otherwise you can also drop the xine plugin if you intend to use vdr only with xbmc. xbmc has its own ffmpeg which will be used for rendering the image.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
nanite1000 Wrote:I got that problem too. To fix it dont use the svn to get the source. Download a daily source snapshot:

Code:
+ Running autopoint: cvs [init aborted]: cannot get working directory: No such file or directory
autopoint: *** infrastructure files for version 0.16.1 not found; this is autopoint from GNU gettext-tools 0.17
done.

I think you're missing some dependencies/dev packages/tools. It seems something like build-essential or a package needed but not installed.

BTW, try Intrepid 32 or 64 and *then* pull svn and build. Never liked live installs... to temperamental!

Or even Jaunty... works great on my trial and error machine.

@freezy
Thanks! I'm trying to sort out the error. Will post updates if I get something useful.
Hello!

When starting VDR I get the following error:

ERROR: loading plugin libvdr-streamdev-server.so.1.7.4: undefined symbol: _ZN10cIndexFile3GetEiPtPlPbPi

Everything compiled without errors. An unpatched streamdev plugin loads without problems. Any idea?
Hello freezy

Please make your howto (change) with fixed released Date from

like this

Code:
svn co http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xbmc/branches/linuxport/[b] -r 17794[/b]

ffmpeg ........ 177xxx

I Like your howto very much Laugh
nanite1000 Wrote:I got that problem too. To fix it dont use the svn to get the source. Download a daily source snapshot:

Code:
done.

ffmpeg compile now works with this link.

Now I try to configure xine lib, but another error.

configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: error: cannot find input file: Makefile.in

I need help again. Oo

Thanks

******* Solved *********

I install this packages and now i can compile xine

apt-get install libjconv2
apt-get install libiconv-ruby
Hi again,

Finally i compile all process, but when i try "sudo runvdr" make me another error:

vdr: error while reading '/etc/vdr/commands.conf.'
vdr: error while reading '/etc/vdr/reccmds.conf.'

I execute xbmc and nothing happens.
Must i configure user, password, ip and port?

thanks for your help
After lots of googling, apt-gets... I got it working in this xbmc live usb stick.
Nice work on the VDR support!
At least the picture is there Wink EPG doesnt seem to update.

@corpetit
I have those vdr errors too, just some unimportant conf files missing I suppose, not needed just for this.
I put user:vdr pass:vdr ip:localhost
port is left empty.
Enable TV service : VDR

Remember to have the vdr running in the background Wink

Edit: EPG updated now, just took a while. Text seems to be in UTF-8 and öäå doesnt look right on XBMC GUI screens.
Asus P5N7A-VM|Win7 32bit|Intel C2D E8400|2GB|integrated nVidia 9300-HDMI|Integrated Audio-Optical SPDIF| 50" plasma 3DTV (Samsung PS50C7705)
finally vdr is working, but only one time.

When i enter on tv screen and push any channel, says to me "channel blocked". I have hauppaueg hvr 4000

I reboot system and now xbmc don't start. Stay in wellcome black screen for long time and nothing happens

Any idea to solved this new problems?

Thanks again
I have the same problem. What linux are you using, xbmc Live install like I have? Anywaysz...
Now that I saw this working as a test I think I'll do a proper install of latest Ubuntu v8.10 to HDD and install it properly to there. I got a bit excited over this, tested with DVB-T USB device that was lying around, now ordered a DVB-C pci card to do it for real Wink

Thanx again for the guide and VDR support for XBMC.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] HOW-TO get Live TV with VDR working in XBMC for Linux14