VU meter
I was wondering if it would be possible to incorporate a VU Meter into a skin of xbmc. It would just move up and down depending on how much bass and/or treble there was in the song being played.

The reason I was wondering if this is possible is because I am making a skin for an xbox that I am putting in my car.
This screenshot is a little old. I have since made several changes but it looks pretty similar.

I would like to make the speedometer bounce up and down like it was a VU meter. Not sure if it's possible but just wondering.

I think that I read that visualizations can use the amount of BASS and TREBLE in a song to change the behavior of it but not sure on how to do it.

If someone could just point me in the right direction that would be great!
Thanks.
Anyone?
Should I post this thread in another section?
You should wait 24 hours before bumping your own thread.
And yes i believe you have posted in the right place.
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Its just not possible to do without serious c++ coding into xbmc
You could animate the Dial and just use <visible>Player.HasAudio</visible>

so when audio plays it will start the animation and it will look like its the music doing it.

Rocky5 Wrote:You could animate the Dial and just use <visible>Player.HasAudio</visible>

so when audio plays it will start the animation and it will look like its the music doing it.

Alright.
So what you are saying is just animate the speedometer to bounce around when a song is playing but not really react to the music being played. I may do that if worst comes to worst.
Thanks for the suggestion though.

The reason I thought this may be possible is from a how to article in these forums that explained a little bit about scripting Vortex Visualizations.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=22365

and specifically within that post...
these lines:
Global Vortex Variables

* TREBLE
* MIDDLE
* BASS
* TIMEPASS
* FINISHED (Set by User)

As you guess you can use these to base your animations/movement/position/size etc on what the auto is like

I don't know if that means it's possible but in my mind it hinted at it being feasible.
You might be able to make a vortex preset that looks like the background and does what you want, then use the visualisation control as the background while audio is playing. Though it won't work if the user selects another viz, obviously.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VU meter1