TV Shows Don't Update
Since a few days, new TV shows are no longer added to the library. Movies are still added.

I tried cleaning the library, deselecting and reselecting content. Now my TV show library is empty and I can't add any of the shows I had originally loaded as they are no longer recognized.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Under the Content setting, do you have DVD order selected? If so, remove the source, readd the source and turn it off and try it again.
I have been having this issues as of late, it was resolved by turned off library mode, and scanning in the content on each individual tv show. Once this was completed, the new content scanning started working again, in library mode.
Had the same problem. TV shows didn't update in library mode. Followed streetliquid advice and scanned for new content in "Files Mode", and that worked! Wooot
Thanks for the advice. I'll try it out as soon as my mother-in-law unglues her butt from the couch and grants me access to the TV.
Seems to work now. Thanks for the help!
I've come across a new problem recently.

My TV Show Library does not update itself after new episodes are added. If I exit out of library mode and do a manual scan on the Show's directory the episodes are correctly identified and information downloaded. When in library mode (and on start up) new shows are not detected.

I have a NAS drive attached to my xbox - the movie section of the NAS drive updates perfectly. The TV show section does not. Episodes and Movies that are located on the Xbox hard drive have no problem at all.

Has anyone experienced something similar to this?
what happens if you do a "scan for new content" from library mode.

But as always, a debug log is required. Preferrably one from where it does not get picked up in library mode and then from where it is picked up in files mode.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
streetliquid Wrote:I have been having this issues as of late, it was resolved by turned off library mode, and scanning in the content on each individual tv show. Once this was completed, the new content scanning started working again, in library mode.

How do you scan content with library mode turned off? When I add new tv shows files, xmbc update library doesn't add nothing.. Sad
via the context menu.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I am having the same problem!

whats wrong. Tomorrow I'll post a debug log.
XBMC on HTPC with Ubuntu 12.04 connected to Amahi Home Server 750GB+1TB storage.
XBMC is probably the best thing that ever happened to me...!!! You people Rock!!!

HTPC: MB: Asus P5N7A-VM DDR: 2 x 1 GB Kingston CPU: Intel Core2DUO E8400 @ 3,0 GHz Coller: Scythe Shuriken
sho Wrote:what happens if you do a "scan for new content" from library mode.

But as always, a debug log is required. Preferrably one from where it does not get picked up in library mode and then from where it is picked up in files mode.

Scan for new content in library mode yields no results .. Only if I go to the individual Show's directory and perform a scan for new content in Files mode are the new files identified and added .. Debug File will follow shortly
I have a similar problem. I'm using 03-04 svn rev18221.

But I only have a problem with one tv-serie called "Stormen". I've tried entering file mode and update that show from TheTvDB.com. But it isn't found. Very strange since it is available at http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=84873

My folder is called "Stormen.S01E03" and the .avi file is playable in file mode.
markiz,

In files mode do a scan for new content on the parent TV show directory. After a manual scan in files mode the library mode should begn working again - did for me
Hello Everyone,,,
I'm pretty new to this whole XBMC thing.. i have it on my xbox but have never really explored how to use it.. alot of you are speaking about the TV shows.. is there somewhere i can learn to set shows up on my system? will it connect to such sites as HULU.com? thanks for your input guys!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows Don't Update0