Switch between screens? Dual screens (Nvidia)
I just tried the latest XBMC live and i must say that it is one of the best media solutions i tried.
I have 2 screens, one is a LCD tv in 1366x768 resolution, the other one is a projector in 1920x1080 resolution. When I booted XBMC live from cd it defaults to my tv-screen.
I guess if I tweak my /etc/X11/xorg.conf I can get it to out put on my projector (second screen)?

If this works, is it possible to make a script when XBMC boots to let me choose output. I am thinking a selection like this:

For viewing on TV press 1 (Default)
For viewing on Projector 2
Time remaining 5 … 4 … 3

The easiest solution for this script I think would be to copy a premade xorg.conf for the projector to /etc/X11/ when I choose selection 2? So is this possible, how would this script look like?

The other alternative I thought about was to have a button that closes XBMC and then copy a premade xorg.conf to /etc/X11/ and then restarts XBMC?
How would this script look like?
Are there any other solution for my problem?
i think i have solved it, wasn't to difficult i think. I haven't tried it tho Big Grin
Is it the xorg.conf i need to costomize to get the screen on the other display device?

#!/bin/bash
echo "Choose output"
echo "1 -> TV"
echo "2 -> Projector"
read -t 5 svar
if [ "$svar" = "1" ]; then
cp /etc/X11/ouputdevices/tv.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf
elif [ "$svar" = "2" ]; then
cp /etc/X11/ouputdevices/proj.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf
elif [ "$svar" = "" ]; then
cp /etc/X11/ouputdevices/proj.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf
exit
fi

This would give me if i don't do nothing for 5 sec it will boot TV, but if i press 2+ENTER or just ENTER it would give me the projoector output?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Switch between screens? Dual screens (Nvidia)0