How to get smooth framerate... Tools & Guides?
Smile 
Hey there,
now i need some help. As you an see my HW isnt that bad for playing SD and HD format videos but i have a strange issue that i want to solve.

some movies and most of hd-stuff is played not smooth though the
Code:
CPU says only 10% load per core.

some guy here in the forum said it could be a problem with the autorefresh rates (NTSC; PAL etc). but how can i check it? is there a standard-way to check the HD-performance of my system?

my pc runs with 720p@50Hz. Could it be that NTSC movies (encoded @60Hz) have problems? i never imagined this with my good ol' xbox.

please help.

---EDit---

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=272...stcount=66

Quote:Remember to make refresh rate to match FPS on the video by a whole number!
60Hz -> 30 FPS
50 Hz -> 25 FPS
24 HZ / 48Hz -> 34 FPS

I Know that XBMC doesn't do Framerate convertion nor pulldown, and that's why running it with the highest refresh rate available is the easiest way to get smooth video playback.
Playing 24fps movies @ 60Hz should look really smooth since the max shift for a frame is 1/60s. We shouldn't be able to see it.

The sample I am playing with show this clearly, It's perfectly smooth during 5-8s. It means that hundreds of frames are rendered correctly before things gets jerky. So if it can perfectly handle hundreds of frames, why not all ?

so i have to find a way to get 60 Hz on my plasma working... isnt it?
-= XBMC Lover © 2006 =-
---------------------------------------
XBMC @ Lenovo Q180, harmony one, Sony Bravia KDL-55W905, Marantz SR5006, MySQL XBMC Database @ Synology DS-409+ (thx Firnsy)
XBMC @ Lenovo Q150 and a Panasonic Plasma for bedrooming ;)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to get smooth framerate... Tools & Guides?0