ListItem.RawThumb?
This could have joined the end of my last thumbnail post but I figured it deserves its own. I want to point a largeimage to the original uncached thumbnail for a movie, but at present I can't find a way. Is there one? If not, could such an info label be added?
Does this do what you want?

PHP Code:
<control type="largeimage">
  <
info>ListItem.FileNameAndPath</info>
</
control
It doesn't, sadly, presumably because that label points to the file itself rather than the thumbnail image. If there was some way of stripping the extension off that and replacing it with .tbn, however...
<texture>$INFO[ListItem.Path]/$INFO[ListItem.Label].tbn</texture> ?
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
That won't work in Library, though, will it? The label differs from the filename.
This is not going to work in general no matter what you do. You simply do not know the original path to the thumb. Nor does XBMC - all it knows is the cached thumb.

IMO the best way to handle this sort of thing is in the thumb caching itself. eg cache 2 versions (preview and actual) or something.

Some day I will go and implement a decent thumbnail caching mechanism, but that day is still quite far away I'm afraid.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

How about this?

Allow skinners to trim characters from either the beginning or end of a returned string. So you could have something like:

<texture>$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath,,3].tbn</texture>

...the '3' being the number of characters you want trimmed from the end of the string. The delimited character before it would be the number you want trimmed from the start of the string.

I know there are already listitem parameters for prefix and suffix, so I guess these would have to be additional to those.
That would not work for this purpose (as I indicate above), and I don't like skins that rely on a certain file naming system.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ListItem.RawThumb?0