• 2(current)
Movie Genre - Posters (Release thread)
True, it would be very nice if they worked with library view. This thread does bring up something that might get it to work-ish.. Haven't tried it myself and it might be too limited, but hey, better than nothing at all.
Fiinix Design presents: Posters, for Movies, TV Shows, Games, Arcade etc.

» Latest Poster-Pack: The Silhouettes, TV Shows
» Upcoming Poster-Pack: To Be Announced

» Game & Emulator Poster, request here
» Movie/TV Genre Poster, here
Hi,

I think they look really good I especially like the first lot of black and white ones where can I get those ones?

I would also like to request one for the genre of Stand-up Comedy.

Thanks
The black & white ones have not been released yet, I posted an preview of them because I wanted feedback on the general look and feel of them. Rest assured, Stand-Up will be part of the next Poster-Pack. I already have a list 30-something genre's that I am in the process of making. Smile

Not really hard to implement in a skin. Took me 10 minutes to get these working with my skin. I put up a proof-of-concept in the Serenity thread to anybody who wants to see.

All it takes as adding an image control wherever you want them to appear in...and presto:
Code:
<control type="image">
    <posx>0</posx>
    <posy>20</posy>
    <width>160</width>
    <height>144</height>
    <aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>

<visible>Container.Content(Genres)</visible>
    <texture>$INFO[listitem.label,,.jpg]</texture>
</control>

The dimensions/position aren't so much important...it's the visibility and texture tags that do it. The visibility one tells it to only display the images when the container has Genres...and the texture tag just tells it to use GENRENAME.jpg as the image. So, as long as there's an image for that Genre...it works.

Which brings me to my next point...I'd like to use these with Serenity, but I'd want a full imageset. According to my library, this would require the creation of images for the following Genres:

Biography
Crime
Documentary
Family
Film-Noir
History
Music
Mystery
Romance
Short
Smart (Okay, I added that one custom...for my Richard Dawkins Documentaries)
Sport
War
Western

Edit: Also, I've got a labeling system, so if I could get just the representative posters...even better. I'll also be leaving the graphics open-ended, so people can use one set or another...
Thank you very much, I'll have to find some time to test that out. Smile

asphinx Wrote:Thank you very much, I'll have to find some time to test that out. Smile

When do you anticipate having a completed posterset I could get my dirty little hands on? My genres section looks like poo without em. Wink
In your final pack I would like to request 4 icons. You have ones that are similiar now, so it shouldn't be too hard to edit them.

One for Movies, Recently Added Movies, TV Shows, Recently Added Tv Shows.

These will cover the icons in the common root folder in library mode.

These look fantastic by the way and give all skins a much better look. Thanks for your hard work!
--> digitalhigh
When.. hmm, that's a very good question. One that I unfortunately am unable to answer at this moment, I am working on them, and tell you what? As soon as I can give out an approximate release date I will. Smile

-->eskim232, My bad, I am already doing movies, recently added movies & tv-shows as these were a part of the original Poster-Pack. I just forgot to write them in the list, and I suppose there's no harm in doing a recently added tv-shows as well. Wink

Updated, the list. Smile

Hi asphinx,
Some more suggestions for genres and subgenres:

Postapocalypse
Stageplay
Interview
Hentai
Superhero
Disaster
Monster
Political
In my opinion most of those are sub-genres, nonetheless though they have made it to my second priority list. Smile

Ashphinx,

Do you have an approximate date on when the icons will be released?

They look great and are pretty much the last addition to my skin I am putting together.

I appreciate your dedication and work on this.
ekim232 Wrote:Ashphinx,

Do you have an approximate date on when the icons will be released?

They look great and are pretty much the last addition to my skin I am putting together.

I appreciate your dedication and work on this.

Hey now! Are you taking my idea? The one where I want to have amazing graphics in my skin? Wink
Ok, people calm down.. Wink There's enough to go 'round. Big Grin

About half way done, changed the style of the Posters partially though and I thought I'd get some feedback? Smile Thoughts?

The Posters looked a bit un-sharp in my screenshot so I thought I would include a none-re-sized poster as comparison..

Very cool. I like the black & white...same color scheme as Serenity. The textures look very good as well, however, for my intents and purposes at least, I'd almost want to request a set with less texture?

Obviously, i'd have to see it in context to get the full idea, but my humble suggestion would be to offer them with and without the texture layer. I'd even leave the gloss (?) layer. Maybe post a SS w/o the texture for comparison?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Genre - Posters (Release thread)0