[Mac OS x] fastfoward, skip and step do not work on mpeg2video
I am a long time user of XBMC on the Xbox, but have recently committed to XBMX on the Mac Mini.

I really like XBMC and consider it the best media player out there.

I have noticed that fastforward, step forward, skip forward and of course the backward commands as well are not working for mpeg2video only.

I currently am running XBMC 8.1 BF1:Atlantis.

All of the above commands work for all other types of video files. The mpeg2video files I am using have been created with BeyondTV from standard def tv capture and they work perfectly on the same version of XBMC running on the XBox. I am not upscaling the SD video in XBMC.

I have also noticed that play the time of the mpeg2video is not increasing, but stays a zero.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior?
I have determined after some experimentation that it is the EDL option of XBMC that is causing this behavior.

When I turn on EDL in the OS X version of XBMC, the skip forward and skip backward functionality do not operate, but only on video files that have a EDL file.
I have a valid EDL file (works with XBMC on the XBox) that does not work in the MAC version of XBMC.

Is any one else using EDL on the MAC OS X version of XBMC?
Same problem here, I just replaced my popcornhour a100 with an appletv. I already have an original xbox with xbmc that supports .edl cuts and I'm disappointed to discover that while the .edl cuts do work, I can't skip manually in the recording. Does a solution exist or is this being looked into?
Check trac for tickets related to this. If there isn't one, then please add one along with all details required (i.e. supply edl files etc.) to reproduce the problem.

Note that it could be already something that's been fixed - trying one of the community supplied builds first might be a good idea.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mac OS x] fastfoward, skip and step do not work on mpeg2video0