Themes for PM3.HD
I have started on a "The Nightmare Before Christmas" theme. Expect it to go to my SVN in a week or 2. Of course it will be a Work In Progress for a while, but, it should be done in a few months (definitely before this xmas).
I have started a web site that will help to better maintain things. It will be a lot better than ,and less annoying than updating this thread all the time.

My site will be linked to the graphic in my sig.
I plan on making it a good size site with graphics and stuff for everyone to use to make their own theme. I will have color themes (xmls), psd's, tutorials, color schemes, etc.
All I want is to make it easy as hell to create a professional looking theme using the resources on my web site.

As the site stands right now I already have 6 color schemes done and uploaded...
Banana-

Bright Copper-

Cobalt-

Purple-

Deep Green-

and
Carbon Fiber-
(you really cant see the carbon fiber texture in this 'cause the thumbnail is too small)

I want to make at LEAST 50 of these so people can just use these and a little creativity to make a whole new theme (almost effortlessly). I will update this thread one more time to let everyone know when the site is ready (enough).
Stay Tuned.

BTW- If anyone is interested in contributing to this project, feel free to PM me.

-IllumiNaughty
Wooohoooo. Wink
IllumiNaughty Wrote:I am also taking requests/ideas for new themes. If I like an idea, then I'll do it.

UPDATE: The SVN is up and running, I hope everything works as it should.

The SVN address for PM3.HD themes is:
Code:
http://xbmcthemes.googlecode.com/svn/PM3.HD/

If you don't know how to use SVN click here.

Someone should give this a test run to see if it will checkout ok and build ok. Then let me know how it went.

Some great work, I love the Intrepid Ibex.HD skin.

Thanks,
IllumiNaughty Wrote:I have started on a "The Nightmare Before Christmas" theme. Expect it to go to my SVN in a week or 2. Of course it will be a Work In Progress for a while, but, it should be done in a few months (definitely before this xmas).
I have started a web site that will help to better maintain things. It will be a lot better than ,and less annoying than updating this thread all the time.

My site will be linked to the graphic in my sig.
I plan on making it a good size site with graphics and stuff for everyone to use to make their own theme. I will have color themes (xmls), psd's, tutorials, color schemes, etc.
All I want is to make it easy as hell to create a professional looking theme using the resources on my web site.

As the site stands right now I already have 6 color schemes done and uploaded...
Banana-

Bright Copper-

Cobalt-

Purple-

Deep Green-

and
Carbon Fiber-
(you really cant see the carbon fiber texture in this 'cause the thumbnail is too small)

I want to make at LEAST 50 of these so people can just use these and a little creativity to make a whole new theme (almost effortlessly). I will update this thread one more time to let everyone know when the site is ready (enough).
Stay Tuned.

BTW- If anyone is interested in contributing to this project, feel free to PM me.

-IllumiNaughty

On your Google code page for download....
@streetliquid- Thanks for the kind comments. I plan on changing the home screen pics on one of them so they aren't near-identical. Since everybody likes the Intrepid Ibex.HD over the Hardy Heron.HD I think I am going to change up the Hardy Heron one.

@Moseby99- They used to be on the google code page in my sig but they have been removed, as well as the link was removed from my sig.
I was uploading my progress there, Not any more though. The link will go back up as soon as the web site is complete enough, since they are kinda tied together.

I have now made 14 color schemes, they are going on my website dedicated to theme creation and as soon as I have 50 color schemes I will release the site. At first it will just have my themes and color schemes (used to create your own theme), and I will add all kinds of stuff over time.
It's maybe 2 or so weeks out as it stands right now.

-IllumiNaughty
Question 
Great work! It's nice that someone is interested in creating themes for the best skin available for xbmc.

I'd like to know how to use them on my xbox considering none of the files are in .xpr format. If anyone could explain to me how to get these themes working in xbmc for the xbox, It'd be much appreciated as I know I can't be the only one that wants to use them.

Thanks!

EDIT: My apologies as I didn't see this post-

CHI3f Wrote:These files can be added to the image folders to make a xpr.

IllumiNaughty was nice enough to include the two files in each theme to create the xpr files. Just download the svn using tortoise, click on the XBMCTex.bat file, it will create the xpr, rename it and drop it in your PM3.HD/media folder and you're done! Big Grin

Oh one more thing! When you enable the "show programs in main menu" option from the "skin settings/home window", the skin might not look right. To fix it, just disable that option and maybe he'll fix it in the future. If you want easy access to your program plugins, just put it in your favorites. Cheers! Wink
Thanks for the kind comments! I do plan on getting these themes better developed soon. They kinda got set aside for now because the development I have been doing on getting a website for XBMC Themes SVN.

So far for the theme creation side of the site I have 20 or 21 "color schemes" (pretty much like a mostly completed colored theme). And I have a texture to replace the carbon fiber textures in PM3.HD, it is in 2 different sizes and in all colors available as color schemes.

I also plan on just finishing off the general layout of everything on the site and making it available as is with the current amount of materials. I will be constantly updating it after that with many more colors schemes and lots more graphics and things to make themes. And if anyone else wants to give it a stab after I get the ball rolling, go right ahead. Just zip up your work and email it to me and I will add it to the site.Cool

-IllumiNaughty
HOws the website coming Illumi?

I'm Looking forward to the themes

Paybac
@Paybac - Well I got busy as hell this last couple weeks outta nowhere so I haven't had much time to get that cranked out. I thought I was a day or 2 away last time I posted in this thread and I am still not done.
With any luck I will have things straightened out with my free time tomorrow.

Also, when the site becomes available I will have around 20 color schemes to start off instead of 50. Reason being; I did about 20 and got those uploaded then took a break, started working on more got about 15 more done and my 750 GB 'Maxtor OneTouch' died with them on it. Thats the second time something like that has happened to me in a short time span.Oo

Lookin forward to seeing some of your themes.
Quote:Lookin forward to seeing some of your themes.

lol we'll have to see about that. I'm just messing around at this stage to see what i can do. Also i still use PM3 and not PM3.HD after i mess around and make a theme for myself i might have a look at converting one of your themes into the original PM3. At first glance it looks like just alot of resizing and renaming to convert from 1 to the other
Paybac Wrote:Also i still use PM3 and not PM3.HD...

I mainly use PMIII too, I use XBMC for xbox (SD all the way). I really never get to use/see my own themes, I just know that most people these days see PM3.HD more than PMIII so I make these for those people.

Paybac Wrote:i might have a look at converting one of your themes into the original PM3...
It would be cool to see one of my PM3.HD themes converted to PMIII.

BTW- I have some hours to spend on the website right now, fingers crossed. Also don't expect some fancy site, I may improve on it over time but that is in time. I am just trying to get things online soon.

-IllumiNaughty
Ok.
The website is available with color schemes and very shortly will have other graphics. Like to replace the carbon fiber texture in the (pm3.hd) skin.

Example-

The above image has the Twilight color scheme and a matching HoneyComb texture to replace the carbon fiber.

The site will slowly expand.
Click the image in my signature to enter.
By any chance do the color themes come with different gif files for the button color on the main page? I have been trying to get my hands on a blue one.
Negative.

If someone wants to help with that whether you can give pointers on making them or maybe supply some, it would be nice. I tried before but each gif was a huge process to make(didn't look that good) and I know there is a easier way to do them.

The color schemes (with one exception) come with 20 different files. They may need to be eventually updated with more to complete them, but I know that they are a damn good start. As for the pattern that I have @ XBMC Themes SVN it will have the download up tonight sometime.
If anyone wants to add anything to the site just PM me a link do download from like rapidshare or something and I will get it added to the site.

Enjoy,

IllumiNaughty
Something like this?

Image<-------

Paybac

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Themes for PM3.HD0