Themes for PM3.HD
Not quite.
I think that is the home-focus.gif from jezz_x's blue color theme for PMIII.
The one for PM3.HD needs to be 40x41 (i think, may wanna double check that).
If someone knows how to make some good looking colored .gif's -not just for the home- that are the correct sizes for PM3.HD, I would like to have (6) colors red, yellow, blue, green, yellow, orange.

I am currently working on getting the last few things (@ the moment) online. I am also looking through the textures.xpr of pm3.hd to get ALL things color-converted then update the color schemes that are currently online.Big Grin

-IllumiNaughty

I am working on
So will the blue home-focus.gif posted here not work if I use it to replace the one currently in textures.xpr for pm3.hd?

Last question, does your blue theme replace the item focus from the green to blue? Or is it just header, footer, ect.?
It will work since XBMC will resize the image to fit, however then it suffers quality loss and the animation seems slow. I am not sure how the xbox would handle something like that either since gif's are a little much for it as it is so with the added resizing of it navigation may slow down too. (who knows though I haven't tried it).

Currently each color scheme (with one exception) has 20 colored graphics.
-Background.png
-Background2.png
-Background-Home-2.png
-Background-Home.png
-Button_Side_Focus.png
-Button_Side_NoFocus.png
-ContextMenu_Bottom.png
-ContextMenu_Middle.png
-ContextMenu_Top.png
-DialogBack.png
-DialogMiddle.png
-DialogLeft.png
-DialogRight.png
-Header.png
-Footer.png
-Home-Menu-Back.png
-Home-Menu-Back-2.png
-Panel.png
-Panel2.png
-sub-background.png

Soon will have more graphics added!
On yea whoops keep forgeting that this is for PM3.HD. That blue animation is for the standard PM3.

I'll have a look at the PM3.HD .gifs and see what i can do. I will try to have a HD home button up for you ekim in the next cuple of hours.

And i'll try knock up at least 1of the color schemes for you illumin.
That would be awesome!

I am currently uploading some things right now.
ImageBlue
ImageOriginal for comparison

Hope this works 4 u? havn't got HD to test it. But it pretty much identical to the original but a few more frames added. This also ups the file size from 13.3KB to 22KB hope that aint to much of a problem

Edit: Heres two additional blues
Looks fantastic.
I tried it out and it looks really good.
So by default we have green and now blue, so 4 more colors and I'd say that is enough to satisfy most. Is that something you may be able to do?

Is cool that I post that gif for download on the site (all credit to you of course)?

Thanks a ton,

-IllumiNaughty
Quote: Looks fantastic.
I tried it out and it looks really good.
So by default we have green and now blue, so 4 more colors and I'd say that is enough to satisfy most. Is that something you may be able to do?

Is cool that I post that gif for download on the site (all credit to you of course)?

Thanks a ton,

-IllumiNaughty

Yea no problem go for it. I'm just working on colors for all the other .gifs. Once i have the base set up for 1 complete set it will be easy to to knock up the rest of the colors.

Paybac
Nice, thanks a LOT Paybac!
I am sure a lot of people will benefit from your work.
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

I have also done these in yellow,orange,purple and red.

I'll do all those sub focus ones later in the week

Paybac
Paybac Wrote:ImageBlue
ImageOriginal for comparison

I actually like your animated gif's better than the original.
It's the way it glows from the center outwards in a more obvious manner. I dont know, I dont think I can explain it, I just like it better. It's good work.
Paybac has done a wonderful job making Animated GIF Replacements. They are now available on the site. Thanks Paybac
I also have some new Carbon Fiber Replacements available for download on the site. Like I have shown in a screenshot before I have a replacement texture I called "HoneyComb" -in 2 different sizes- and now I have a NEW texture that I called "XStitch" (see below)

(^above is the Burnt Orange color scheme with a matching XStitch texture and Paybac's orange colored GIF, took about 1.5 minutes to make this into a theme)

Have a look at the new stuff by clicking my sig image.

-IllumiNaughty
EDIT:

Ok here is a completed theme i have made over the last couple of days for PM3.HD

Industrial.HD

CLick to Download (13.3mb)
IllumiNaughty Wrote:It will work since XBMC will resize the image to fit, however then it suffers quality loss and the animation seems slow. I am not sure how the xbox would handle something like that either since gif's are a little much for it as it is so with the added resizing of it navigation may slow down too. (who knows though I haven't tried it).

Currently each color scheme (with one exception) has 20 colored graphics.
-Background.png
-Background2.png
-Background-Home-2.png
-Background-Home.png
-Button_Side_Focus.png
-Button_Side_NoFocus.png
-ContextMenu_Bottom.png
-ContextMenu_Middle.png
-ContextMenu_Top.png
-DialogBack.png
-DialogMiddle.png
-DialogLeft.png
-DialogRight.png
-Header.png
-Footer.png
-Home-Menu-Back.png
-Home-Menu-Back-2.png
-Panel.png
-Panel2.png
-sub-background.png

Soon will have more graphics added!

Are those all the required files that i need in order to compile a .xpr file?
i downloaded a theme that has the above files and used XBMCTex.bat on 'em, placed the xpr file in my media folder and managed to select the new colour scheme. now it seems that all icons disappeared. the new xpr file is also only 2.9 megs oppposed to the 16.3 megs of the original pm3.hd xpr file

i'm sure i could contribute some nice themes once someone pushes me into the right direction.
thanx!!!
The required files are 'however many gfx you want' in a theme, it's totally up to you what you put in a theme. If you wanted to you could make a theme with only one graphic packed into it (lets say the logo graphic for pm3.hd). It would seem like a REALLY incomplete theme but if the logo bothered you before then you just fixed it with a theme.

Just play around and see what you can do. Just keep the same dimensions as the default images.

Also, you need a textures.xpr in your media folder. The problem you experienced is because the textures.xpr has all the default gfx and the theme you make (theme.xpr) has the replacement gfx.
A skins code calls for say 150 specific images. By default it looks in the skins media/textures.xpr for all gfx. When you select a theme, it will instead look there for all the gfx, but if it doesn't find some gfx that it needs in the theme then it will resort to looking in the default textures.xpr
Pretty much all themes don't replace ALL the graphics for a skin so if you are using a theme XBMC is looking inside both xpr's simultaneously.

I hope I explained well enough.
I suck at explaining stuff. LOL
And look for a big update to the site thanks to Paybac's efforts (and my own efforts) in the coming few days.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Themes for PM3.HD0