Myth:// on Slave machine
Hey all,

Quick question, when setting up a slave mythbuntu machine since the source is on the Master backend and basically the slave is using the Master B/E for pretty much all, does the protocol address get pointed to the master or slave ip address. My reason for asking is that no matter where I point it I get live tv fine, but I cannot see any of my recordings.

Dave
It should be enough to point it to the master backend. But make sure you have hostname entries in hosts for both backends.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

elupus Wrote:It should be enough to point it to the master backend. But make sure you have hostname entries in hosts for both backends.

So just edit the hosts file on both machines. like so.

/etc/hosts on master

xbmc

/etc/hosts on slave

mythbed

Should this also fix the slave machine accessing the first tuner in the master and NOT starting livetv and then upon a retry to launch livetv it will use the tuner in the slave machine and start livetv BUT will not release the master's tuner upon stopping livetv but does release the slaves' tuner.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Myth:// on Slave machine0