no sound with papplayer and pulseaudio library svn version
when i compiled with --enable-pulse=no the sound working on both dvdplayer and papplayer with a very long latency when i change the volume or mute.
Oobut if i make xbmc with --enable-pulse=yes the volume is working great, whit dvdplayer no problem, but with papplayer no sound and the visualisation of sound become flat.

any ideas ?

solved from svn release: 17757
No clue, but its probably related with the Fedora issue http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=43736

Anyways, please provide full Debug Log and what system you run and such.

I´m trying to isolate it but as I can´t replicate, its hard to Smile

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
that right same system ...
and for the log it's said only papplayer stream started .
in ddd i see nothing ( no memory leak )
it's a work for clouzot ?

vincent
a log from my pulseaudio library:

module-stream-restore.c: Restoring device for stream sink-input-by-application-name:xbmc.bin.
I: module-stream-restore.c: Restoring volume for sink input sink-input-by-application-name:xbmc.bin.
D: module-stream-restore.c: Not restoring mute state for sink input sink-input-by-application-name:xbmc.bin, because already set.
D: module-suspend-on-idle.c: Sink alsa_output.pci_8086_284b_sound_card_0_alsa_playback_0 becomes busy.
D: memblockq.c: memblockq requested: maxlength=33554432, tlength=0, base=4, prebuf=0, minreq=1 maxrewind=0
D: memblockq.c: memblockq sanitized: maxlength=33554432, tlength=33554432, base=4, prebuf=0, minreq=4 maxrewind=0
I: sink-input.c: Created input 1 "Simple DirectMedia Layer" on alsa_output.pci_8086_284b_sound_card_0_alsa_playback_0 with sample spec s16le 2ch 44100Hz and channel map front-left,front-right
I: protocol-native.c: Requested tlength=185,76 ms, minreq=92,88 ms
D: protocol-native.c: Traditional mode enabled, modifying sink usec only for compat with minreq.
D: memblockq.c: memblockq requested: maxlength=32768, tlength=32768, base=4, prebuf=32768, minreq=16384 maxrewind=0
D: memblockq.c: memblockq sanitized: maxlength=32768, tlength=32768, base=4, prebuf=32768, minreq=16384 maxrewind=0
I: protocol-native.c: Final latency 185,76 ms = 0,00 ms + 2*92,88 ms + 0,00 ms
D: module-alsa-sink.c: hwbuf_unused_frames=0
D: module-alsa-sink.c: setting avail_min=1
D: protocol-native.c: Requesting rewind due to end of underrun.
E: module-alsa-sink.c: ALSA woke us up to write new data to the device, but there was actually nothing to write! Most likely this is an ALSA driver bug. Please report this issue to the PulseAudio developers.

Sadso i think xbmc don't send stream data to pulse or alsa.
i don't think the alsa driver have a bug ( hda-intel )

vinc.
Please be more informative:
What OS exactly are you running, what pulseaudio version are you running.
Provide FULL debug log from XBMC and please provide sample file that fails to play (if you dont want to upload verifying the issue on mplayerhq samples is fine, just say which).

Provide full information on the HW you have. There are a few people here that have an issue we can´t replicate, hence we can´t fix it. The more information we get the more likely we can fix it.

Answering "that right same system ..." doesnt tell me much, which system do you refer to? my ubuntu setup or what?

Not trying to be picky but it feels abit like we have to drag out the information to fix YOUR issues.

Cheers,
Tobias

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
pulseaudio version : 0.9.14
alsa-info : http://pastebin.ca/1337820
pulseaudio log after the following command :
pulseaudio -k; sleep 4; pulseaudio -vv
http://www.pastebin.ca/1337829
and for finish the xbmc.log from svn version 17710
and playing a real cdda disk.
http://www.pastebin.ca/1337830
i know the fedora is not the official devel platform but i am sorry i don't want to change for the unbuntu.
the most strange is for dvdplayer all works perfectly.
i think it's a buffer problem with xbmc<->pulse<->alsa
and for shure the SDL audio layer work.

vinc
Thx alot!, Ill try to get to the bottom of it. We dont generally support fedora but this bug is probably an accident waiting to happen on Ubuntu aswell, they flick one small switch and exploit this bug probably Smile

In Anycase I´ĺl look through the info and will post a log patch in the ticket from the development forum if we need more log (probably do)

Cheers,
Tobias

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no sound with papplayer and pulseaudio library svn version0