So close to being able to use touchscreen only...
Hi all
Like some others, I wish to use XBMC via touchscreen, and this has its share of problems out of the box. There are no back/home buttons, or player controls on screen. So I figured out how to add them, and for the most part everything is working the way I envisioned, with a couple of exceptions:

1 - there is no way to queue up songs with only the left mouse button. When you click on a song, it plays automatically. Is there a way to queue by default, instead of play (on my XBOX, queueing plays the first song automatically, then queues thereafter, so this would be perfect)? I found no info in the wiki or on the forum regarding mapping a mouse button to a different function, so apologies if it has been covered before.

2 - I created a button that is supposed to toggle fullscreen with the <onclick>FullScreen</onclick> function, but it doesn't appear to work, either toggling on or off. Other keymap functions appear to work fine this way, I can toggle perfectly with the keyboard, etc...

Thanks for any info you can provide.
2 should work just fine - it may be that it was only fixed quite recently, however.

1 is not possible to my knowledge without altering the source - the mouse just isn't mappable as it is. A patch would be welcome.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the reply. I'm using 8.1 Atlantis release. I'll try a later build and see if that helps with the fullscreen button.

I don't suppose there is an option I am missing that will change the default behavior from "Play" to "Queue"?

The only workaround I can think of right now is for the touchscreen to do no clicks at all, and create buttons for Play and Queue. This will be pretty awkward for menu navigation, but it will give me all of the functions...

edit- I'm sure someone smarter than me didn't have to try it out to see the flaw in my plan here, lol

Thanks
muppetsoup Wrote:I don't suppose there is an option I am missing that will change the default behavior from "Play" to "Queue"?

Thanks

Afraid not. It used to be an option but it was removed when the My Playlist functionality changed Sad . I'd welcome a toggle for play/enqueue as well (as would many people).
Hmm.. do you happen to know what version had the functionality?
what would be nice is to implement the following:
single clik on an item -> play
click and hold -> queue

What touch screen do u use? I was considering using a small touch screen to be able to play music without the need to have my TV on...
Currently an ELO CRT.
The driver has an option to make hold=right click, but that doesn't seem to function in XBMC either.
Ehm... what am I missing here? (I'm just curious about this)

Where is it suitable using a touchscreen with XBMC? Small HTPC installation? Handheld device? A TV which you have to walk to just to click in the interface?

Sorry if I'm being dumb...
I use it as a jukebox, basically just for music (hence my great desire to queue things by default). It's great at parties and the kid can use it without learning a remote or being able to hose anything.
Strokeit.
Hahahahaha, excuse my french, not really though, strokeit is a name of an application for mouse gestures. It is free for personal use. You can assign key preses to different mouse gestures, and it can actually do a lot more than than. I have a Planar 17' touchscreen. If youre gonna go with this program, i suggest you dont try to set it for left click gestures because than youre not gonna be able to click anything in xbmc, if this makes no sense it will after you mess with the prog a bit. My touchscreen drivers have an option that will make a small icon on the screen for right click, all my gestures work with right click, so pretty much i click an icon that do a gesture for a desired command. It great, fairly easy to set up, and it will solve your problem.
Sounds interesting, thanks. I'll check it out.
I have the right-click-icon option as well, I just haven't used it because it is unwieldly.
Quote:Where is it suitable using a touchscreen with XBMC? Small HTPC installation? Handheld device? A TV which you have to walk to just to click in the interface?
i don't imagine sorting through 100s of albums with up and down, plus i got no other use for the 17' planar touchscreen i picked up for $75 at linens and things cuz they went out of business and everything in the store had to go.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
So close to being able to use touchscreen only...0