auto scroll speed/delay adjustable?
Is there any way I can make it slower, or pause for a longer duration before it scrolls. I really appreciate its functionality, but I have to speed read to catch it all in longer synopsis.
Certainly - it's all configurable in the skin itself. Check the textbox in whichever view you require (it'll probably be in CommonViewTypes.xml somewhere).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I see it as a check box in the skin settings, but not granular control such as scroll speed, just auto scroll on or off. I'll look into CommonViewTypes.xml and report back.

Update:
I could not find that xml in the skin folder. Would it be SettingsProfile.xml? I found <scrolltime>200</scrolltime>

I tried 400 and 800... not much difference. I don't suppose when I do find it, that it'd also have an impact on scroll speed for Apple Movie Trailers script... or do I need to root out the speed in the python script for that one?
Everyone I know who has noticed this features says that the scroll starts too soon and goes to fast. I'm a fairly fast reader and I too have to speed read to keep up when reading movie info in PMIIIHD
Yes, me too... I have to speed read, particularly on Apple Movie Trailers which utilized the functionality within xbmc. Like I said, I like the feature, so I don't wanna shut it off, but would be nice if the delay before scroll and/or scroll speed were adjustable, either in the GUI or whatever xml file... just let me know where it is Jonathan. I can't find it...
For a start: What skin are you using?

Which bit (exactly) is scrolling too fast.

Look for autoscrolltime in the skin XML files.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:For a start: What skin are you using?

1.PM3.HD

2. afaik, the only part that does scroll... the synopsis from videos library (on smb share) and amt (which is faster and subsequently harder to keep up with)

3. I found <scrolltime> in SettingsProfile.xml (see post before last), but changing it drastically had no discernible effect.

Surely someone in your team must know this skin very intimately.Huh
The AMT thing needs to be brought up in the scripts forum.

The PM3.HD thing should be brought up in it's forum. Will move this thread so that Jezz_X will see it.

jmarshall Wrote:The AMT thing needs to be brought up in the scripts forum.
I so knew you were going to say that. Laugh
But I think the problem is systemic of auto scroll in xbmc. turn off auto scroll, no more amt scroll.
calling Jezz_X. You have a package at the pickup counter. Oo
(2009-02-16, 23:50)jmarshall Wrote: For a start: What skin are you using?

@jmarshall
Unfortunately "scrolltime" seem not work for to increase the time before the label starts scrolling, because if you want to increase the start time of the scrolling of the text in a <label> the delay parameter does not work, instead in the "textbox" it does.

Is there a way to set a "delay" for the start of scrolling in the label?

Thanks for your help

skin confluence, kodi 19.4
If i helped you, you can thank me with a thumbs up šŸ‘ below, thanks šŸ™.
Kodi 20.x stableĀ release | Skin Confluence (by Jezz_X)
I like editing skins ā¤

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
auto scroll speed/delay adjustable?0