• 87(current)
XBMC for Linux VDPAU - NVIDIA GPU video decoding support (now in the mainline SVN)
Anyone playing WMV3 with VDPAU? Are you getting corruption similar to the screenshot in this ticket? http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7536
pyrates Wrote:Ah ok. Misunderstood your point there. Smile But it's not just incompatible widths, but also incompatible heights and encoded levels such as only going up to 4.1, not all the way to 5.2.

No, it's widths.

Level 5.2 doesn't exist and level 5.1 is such often used resolutions as 1920×1080@120hz or 4096×2048@30hz. VDPAU actually will successfully decode video that far exceeds level 4.1 too. Sorry!
I have a problem. Running 9.11alpha1 livecd (HDD Install) with a GF9300 IGP when selecting "VDPAU" as renderer my 720p videos (mkv files, the usual) crash after a few seconds...

Setting it to "Auto Detect" everything seems to work, however, i assume it does not use VDPAU then?
TREX6662k5 Wrote:Anyone playing WMV3 with VDPAU? Are you getting corruption similar to the screenshot in this ticket? http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7536

Confirmed. Had to switch to GLSL for proper playback. Very annoying.
Confused.... if I purchase a computer with ATOM ION I could have windows 7 installed and have Dharma RC2 installed (NOT LIVE) and in the menu options will I have VDPAU to activate or dxva2?

At the moment I run win 7, with a ATI 5570 and have dvx2 enabled.
Beer40oz Wrote:Confused.... if I purchase a computer with ATOM ION I could have windows 7 installed and have Dharma RC2 installed (NOT LIVE) and in the menu options will I have VDPAU to activate or dxva2?

VDPAU is for when you're running linux with the nvidia drivers. And yes nvidia ion gpu does have VDPAU support I believe.

There's a guide to installing it all here.
pyrates Wrote:VDPAU is for when you're running linux with the nvidia drivers. And yes nvidia ion gpu does have VDPAU support I believe.

There's a guide to installing it all here.

So my question is if running the ATOm ION nvidia on windows 7 not linux will I be able to use dxva2?
Beer40oz Wrote:So my question is if running the ATOm ION nvidia on windows 7 not linux will I be able to use dxva2?

Read the wiki entry here.

I still suggest you use linux to do this as I like being able to ssh in remotely to take care of stuff like updates. Plus linux is free. No need to pay for a windows license then.
Beer40oz Wrote:Confused.... if I purchase a computer with ATOM ION I could have windows 7 installed and have Dharma RC2 installed (NOT LIVE) and in the menu options will I have VDPAU to activate or dxva2?

ANY ATOM ION (nvidia GFX) will be VDPAU accelerated under Linux or DXVA2 under windows.

I have no idea about ATI cards cause I rather castrate myself then have one.

ANd for XBMC I raher use Linux the Windows anyday.

no need for expensive antivirus or expensive licenses, this is presuming you arent pirating the platform.

And head to head Linux performs 100% better consuming less resources to do same job.

e.g. Windows 7 Iddle with 4 GB ram is using 40% Linux Iddle with 4GB ram is using 300MB max.
X3lectric Wrote:ANY ATOM ION (nvidia GFX) will be VDPAU accelerated under Linux or DXVA2 under windows.

I have no idea about ATI cards cause I rather castrate myself then have one.

ANd for XBMC I raher use Linux the Windows anyday.

no need for expensive antivirus or expensive licenses, this is presuming you arent pirating the platform.

And head to head Linux performs 100% better consuming less resources to do same job.

e.g. Windows 7 Iddle with 4 GB ram is using 40% Linux Iddle with 4GB ram is using 300MB max.

LOL "I have no idea about ATI cards cause I rather castrate myself then have one."

That is what I need to know thank you.... if I run Linux can I still access my shared folders on windows 7? probably a stupid question. (since all my movies are on a external ntfs hard drive and would like to manage what is in it from both computers.)
sure, you should be able to manage you media from any machine regardless what its running, as well as set it up to playback ok... **

**Warning extreme idiots dont try this at home, step away from any electronic equipment slowly and dont make any sudden moves.
dxva works with ATI & NVIDIA boards.
I have a shuttle WS35-GT and have tested XBMC under Windows & linux. Both works fine and dxva seems working fine.
  • 87(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Linux VDPAU - NVIDIA GPU video decoding support (now in the mainline SVN)15