• 84(current)
XBMC for Linux VDPAU - NVIDIA GPU video decoding support (now in the mainline SVN)
padrino: It isnt 512MB, its a common problem with the "NVIDIA X Server Settings" program reporting 512MB no-matter-what.

If its an iGPU, then look in your BIOS and make sure the frame buffer, or whatever it's called is set at 512MB. If its an addon card, you might be SOL i'm afraid.
Hello everyone. I have XBMC LiveCD 9.04.1 powered up (booted from cd). How can i check if VDPAU is working (i have it enabled in Settings-Video-Player)?
HW: P4 2.8GHz , 1GB DDR 400 DC, Nvidia 7600GS.
It cannot work on a 7600GS - if you invested 2 minutes in the search you would have found out by yourself.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Haggy Wrote:It cannot work on a 7600GS - if you invested 2 minutes in the search you would have found out by yourself.

You are right! I could swear that i have read somewhere about vdpau is on geforce 7 series onward. Sorry.
alanwww1 Wrote:You should try to enable resample audio option as the way xbmc syncing audio to video playback.

this way your 24fps movie will be sped up to 25fps with audio resampled. this way you can have stutterfree (just the little stutter you also see in the cinamas) playback on 50hz refresh rate. This way when you press "o" you should see the movie played back at 25fps.

You have to have the SVN version of xbmc for that and note that you can't use passthrough with this option so you have to untick the ac3 dts passthrough options in the sound hardware setup screen.

Hi I have the issue regarding the dropped frames and small "cuts" like sxus6 had and installing Ubuntu and the rest of the software's in it was my first linux experience, so please help me with some explanations.

How I can do that - resample audio option
- installing XBMC SVN version (now I have XBMC Jaunty)
Haggy Wrote:yes. a friend of mine has such a card [8400GS PCI](512mb vram) and he runs 1080p on a pentium-III 1Ghz Cool

I'm a little confused. I'd like to go down this route but the only potentially usable cards I can find in NZ have 256 mb ram.

Will I be able to use VDPAU with this? I could bump up the system RAM to 4gb if that would help?
I've been using VDPAU renderer for quite some time now, and I've never had a problem until now.

Now I've found 3 quite new x264 releases which causes same problem,
Code:
21:49:18 T:2850167696 M:1875406848  NOTICE:  (VDPAU) Didnt find a Video Surface Available (Total: 1). Creating a new one. TRY #1
21:49:18 T:2850167696 M:1874976768  NOTICE:  (VDPAU) Didnt find a Video Surface Available (Total: 2). Creating a new one. TRY #1
21:49:18 T:2850167696 M:1874632704  NOTICE:  (VDPAU) Creating the video mixer
21:49:18 T:2850167696 M:1874632704  NOTICE:  fps: 23.976025, pwidth: 1280, pheight: 528, dwidth: 1280, dheight: 528
21:49:18 T:2850167696 M:1874632704   DEBUG: OutputPicture - change configuration. 1280x528. framerate: 23.98

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/m3725c454

Latest SVN, 8600GT with 1GB.

Is this a known problem?
Full Debug log please. Do not cut it.

Thanks.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
tslayer Wrote:Full Debug log please. Do not cut it.

Thanks.

Uncut edition, http://pastebin.com/m7cd0a1bf
That is cut for sure. We're missing details that show when you start XBMC.

Also, please start a new thread. And mention what the problem is that you are having. You only pasted some errors in the log but did not state what the error you are seeing is.

I see similar errors in my log, but don't see any problems when the movie is playing.

Anyhow, start a new thread with FULL debug log. Also, please read the thread on how to post in a useful manner. It should help you provide the necessary details so we can better help you.

Thank you.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

What kind of error is it exactly that you are seeing tsint? Errorblocks during the first few seconds of the movie?

If that is the case then I've noticed the same. Seems to only happen when VDPAU and auto refresh rate are both enabled. If auto refresh rate setting is disabled, then everything is ok. I did some research and noticed that if the mkv has been muxed with a new version of mkvmerge, there will be errorblocks in the beginning. mkv's muxed by older mkvmerge seem to work just fine. See my thread about this here.
Yes I just see errorblocks and XBMC more or less freezes after a couple of seconds.

However, I will create a new thread when I get home with a complete logfile.
gerner Wrote:I'm a little confused. I'd like to go down this route but the only potentially usable cards I can find in NZ have 256 mb ram.

Will I be able to use VDPAU with this? I could bump up the system RAM to 4gb if that would help?

I got a 256 MB ram PCI version (By SPARKLE (fanless)) running.
And it runs everything just fine. I use it with the intel atom 330 board.
You would have to make urself a DVI to HDMI connector though with such a PCI version of SPARKLE.
Ok, in my case I only see errorblocks in the beginning, but no crashes/freezes..
menno Wrote:I got a 256 MB ram PCI version (By SPARKLE (fanless)) running.
And it runs everything just fine. I use it with the intel atom 330 board.
You would have to make urself a DVI to HDMI connector though with such a PCI version of SPARKLE.

Cool, thanks for the info.
  • 84(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Linux VDPAU - NVIDIA GPU video decoding support (now in the mainline SVN)15