• 85(current)
XBMC for Linux VDPAU - NVIDIA GPU video decoding support (now in the mainline SVN)
Hi,

nolem Wrote:Thanks for the info. I will start to look at the code now and in case I'm wondering something I will drop by on IRC.
Cheers!

Nolem, did you have time to take a look on this issue (support for image subtitles with vdpau)? I'd love to see this working.... Laugh

Let me know if you need any help...
Hello,

Does anyone know if other VDPAU hardware deinterlaces will be available to XBMC? I'm looking to use the Advanced 2x.

Thanks,
PBjr.
I'm running on a 258MB 8600 and can play 1080p rips with little to no judder via VDPAU over a NAS from a memory stick. If I can do that, I can't imagine there would be too much problem for you Smile
Has anyone got VDPAU de-interlacing 50i/60i content to 50p/60p rather than 25p/30p?

I've installed the SVN PPA - and it definitely is de-interlacing HD 1080/50i content to 25p not 50p - so losing fluid motion on native interlaced content.
I haven't managed to get VDPAU working lag-free. It says 23fps no frame drops, but i can see the jittering clearly. I am using the ASUS P5N7A-VM, with 9300M onboard. Should i increase memory or something like that? Here's the debug log:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/231527/
spozen Wrote:I haven't managed to get VDPAU working lag-free. It says 23fps no frame drops, but i can see the jittering clearly. I am using the ASUS P5N7A-VM, with 9300M onboard. Should i increase memory or something like that? Here's the debug log:

spozen, do you think your problem might be related to this one? I've got exactly the same hardware and vdpau just slows down sometimes...
pilluli Wrote:spozen, do you think your problem might be related to this one? I've got exactly the same hardware and vdpau just slows down sometimes...

No first of all i am not running x64 and second i don't experience any diffrences between movies with subtitles on and movies with no subtitles at all.

But i did some testing and found a sample that drops frames using both Advanced shaders and VDPAU. First i clocked my CPU to 3.1GHz and run the sample i got 185 with GLSL and 180 with vdpau and i noticed more stuttering with VDPAU.

Then i went back to original clock (2.66) and turned on speedstep, guess what? now i get 70 frames dropped.

Heres the sample, (Predator):
http://www.mediafire.com/?zumkyjnmqho

I definitely think this is hardware related but heres my debug log:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/233180/
Hi,

spozen Wrote:No first of all i am not running x64 and second i don't experience any diffrences between movies with subtitles on and movies with no subtitles at all.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough, I don't know if the problems are caused by using subtitles or by using x64 or something completely different! But, as our hardware is very common and couldn't find any report about these kind of problems. My first guess was to blame x64 or subtitles (as I *always* use them) which may be not that common Confused.

Now, after reading your problem, I thought that was not the case and that I could rule out subtitles or x64 ...

Quote:But i did some testing and found a sample that drops frames using both Advanced shaders and VDPAU. First i clocked my CPU to 3.1GHz and run the sample i got 185 with GLSL and 180 with vdpau and i noticed more stuttering with VDPAU.

Sorry, but now I don't understand your new test. Your original problem was slowdowns/jutter with no drop frames right? (which was similar to mine). But now you use a sample with dropped frames Huh
Hehe, sorry about that here hows my situation is:

The sample i just posted (predator) was an exception it had frame drops on both VDPAU and GLSL. Now the killa sample for example has almost no frame drops at all with VDPAU but with GLSL over 175.

So its my fault things got a little "unclear". I am troubleshooting my CPU decoding at the same time as i am trying VDPAU out. Now i have found out that movies with anamorphic aspect ratio seems to work better. This sample(into the wild):
http://www.mediafire.com/?njhmtialdvj
Works perfect.

But this is CPU decoding i am talking about. VDPAU always stutters, when a guy moves fast or at all i can see the stuttering were clearly.

So let's sum it up: The predator sample doesn't work at all both VDPAU and GLSL won't decode it without lag. The into the wild sample and almost all other samples give me no frame drops with VDPAU but it is unwatchable because of the stuttering.

The into the wild sample works using cpu rendering. And so does almost all my movies that isn't in 16:9 aspect. (Full screen). Also i have noticed that the CPU usage is around 23% on CPU0 and 57% on movies that doesn't work but movies that does work have a moore even CPU usage with around 50% on each core. Sounds like the old multi threading problem to me. Too bad VDPAU doesn't work for me, just my luck!

pilluli, could you upload some samples for me to test? So we can see if i experience any of your problems during playback.
Hardware: ASUS P5N7A-VM with 2GB RAM and Intel Celeron 430 1,8GHz @ 3,06GHz
spozen Wrote:I haven't managed to get VDPAU working lag-free. It says 23fps no frame drops, but i can see the jittering clearly. I am using the ASUS P5N7A-VM, with 9300M onboard. Should i increase memory or something like that? Here's the debug log:

What XBMC version are you using?
There are known stuttering issues with 9.04 or 9.04.1, even with VDPAU.

Upgrade to latest SVN and then you can "Sync Playback to display".

This was covered in another thread and upgrading XBMC to the latest and greatest solved these stuttering issues that folks were seeing.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
A pretty old SVN version: Built on May 25 2009 (SVN:20654)

Edit: Didn't see your post, will upgrade and then check back.
tslayer Wrote:There are known stuttering issues with 9.04 or 9.04.1, even with VDPAU.

Upgrade to latest SVN and then you can "Sync Playback to display".

This was covered in another thread and upgrading XBMC to the latest and greatest solved these stuttering issues that folks were seeing.

Hi,

I don't think that is his problem (or mine) as we do not see it with software rendering. Huh
Awesome guys it works!!! Can't believe itm outdated a week or two and you guys fix this so freakin fast! Thanks

pilluli, are you running the latest SVN?
You're more than a week or two outdated. More like 2 months Smile
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
  • 85(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Linux VDPAU - NVIDIA GPU video decoding support (now in the mainline SVN)15