[ATV] XBMC crash when holding menu button to scan library
yes i used my apple remote and taught my harmony one the codes. Been using that since day 1.

Now when I hold the menu button it seems to just issue several menu commands. I see it bouncing back to the step before. As the menu button should, yet holding it doesn't bring up the submenu.
perhaps your suspicsions were correct. After noticing the above from the harmony remote. I pulled out my iphone and got the xbmc remote app. Added the contextual menu to the remote, and all was OK. So the app has no issue at all carrying out my command for the menu. This is probably an error with the harmony remote and how it doesn't know what to do when I hold down a button. It only knows the base command of menu, not the secondary command of hold menu for contextual menu.

Lessone learned. Hopefully the logs will assist in other areas.
hey boasist,

while this thread is quite long it may have some insights about programming the harmony. IIRC the Harmony should be able to learn the "Hold" command from the Apple Remote.

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV] XBMC crash when holding menu button to scan library0