Music Libary Issue
Sad 
I have a folder with some 140gb of music, all tagged mp3s. No problems there.

I have another folder of flac and wav files (all surround sound files) which I do not want available in library mode because there will be duplicates. I don't want two versions of every Pink Floyd and Rolling Stones album listed.

Is there a way to make a shortcut to the folder from the main library menu? I don't want these surround sound tracks to be listed in the library mode, I just want to be able to access them from the music menu in library mode.
Well, you can do a button in the skin to take you to another window/folder, but otherwise, no you can't add a link to a folder in the library view.

An option perhaps for this type of case would be for the library to know about the duplicates and just store details of the "best" copy. This is a metric that is not necessarily easy to determine, however.

I doubt it affects that many people, though - most maintain a separate mp3 subcollection of their main collection for portable devices, where as you are maintaining a subcollection of your mp3'd stuff.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

But this would be very useful in the Video Library (in it's current state at least).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
How would I create a button in the main menu to access this remote folder??

jmarshall Wrote:I doubt it affects that many people, though - most maintain a separate mp3 subcollection of their main collection for portable devices, where as you are maintaining a subcollection of your mp3'd stuff.

So no one out there has surround sound files within their collection? I have mp3s, wav/flac, and dts/ac3 files. One lossless collection, one mp3 collection and one surround sound folder.

Even if I only want to index my lossless and surround sound files, how would I distinguish between the two files... Dark Side of the Moon, straight lossless stereo off a CD, and the same album in 5.1 surround sound. How can I choose between the two albums?

This isn't a matter of choosing the 'best' copy, as they are two entirely different mixes. Is there no way to divide or in any way organize my library to have a separate category, folder, anything, any way to access a folder with surround sound files in it.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Libary Issue0